your slow-Sunday post

Meanwhile, back out my way…

In response to that über-wuss NYC reporter (aptly named Kuntzman) drama-queening and lame-braining the scawwy AR-15 experience in an epic FAIL in front’a God’n ever’body, we have this splendid response from a feller Old North Stater (although by accent and deed, it’s clear he’s been in NC a lot longer than I have):

~ vid ~

One more? Okay, y’got it:

~ vid ~

I wasn’t gonna comment on that dweeb, Kuntzman; but these videos cracked me up;
and you know how easily entertained I get on a slow Sunday,
‘specially on a fair, mid/low-80s evenin’ in the iHammock.

And Happy Fathers Day out there, especially to those who can’t be home with their kids today.
______________
More responses and videos
Full disclosure: I own an AR-15, but only one; ’cause I’m a .30-cal kind’a guy, almost all of which wear wood stocks; and most wear bayonets (yeah, including the AR, sue me).

Whoooeee!
This post garnered a link over at Bad Blue Uncensored News, which I visit daily.

mech

~ vid ~

Cloyd has a point.

1. Posted June 19, 2016 at 4:52 pm |

With .300 Whisper, what a wonderful experience.

2. Joe Bandmember ≠ Damn right I'm not equal to that
    Posted June 19, 2016 at 7:32 pm |

The guy with “PTSD” from firing an AR needs to go back and hide beneath his momma’s skirt.
    He can maybe hire the little girl for an armed guard.

3. Posted June 19, 2016 at 7:36 pm |

Probably the best bit of satire I have seen on that rabbit-person Kuntzman:

4. mike f
    Posted June 19, 2016 at 8:15 pm |

In basic training my introduction to the recoilless feature of the M-16 was a personal demonstration of the firing of the weapon while held tight against my most treasured anatomical attributes, AKA, this private’s privates. Yours truly was volunteered from a very fresh-faced company of recruits to demonstrate the ease and comfort of the firing platform – set to full automatic – and was ordered to pull the trigger on cue from the drill sergeant. Having only fired a full-recoil shotgun by that time in my previous civilian life, I was certain my manhood was about to end right there before it began. The fear of the drill sergeant’s wrath if I did not comply and the prospect of failing in front of my fellow trainees were powerful factors in that split second decision to squeeze the trigger. “Please don’t let it hurt my balls”, or some quick prayer to that effect in the millisecond I had to make the decision to shoot, or not to shoot. Might not have been a prayer. Mighta just been the thought, “Oh shit, this is gonna hurt!”

You all know how this ends. There ain’t no recoil. There is no pain, no bruising, no PTSD from firing a few rounds – even on full auto – through the M-16/AR-15. The sound is not even close to scary loud.

After I squeezed the trigger those many decades ago, bracing for the pain that never came, I felt a wave of relief wash over me that I did it! I had passed the test! I did not fail my drill sergeant. I had newly-earned respect of my fellow trainees and I had intact testicles. Tingling, but intact, a condition that gives rise to the phrase “battle-hardened”.

Posted June 19, 2016 at 8:52 pm |

^mikef – “battle-hardened” are you saying that experience gave you a woody? ;>)

FWIW, the SFC who demonstrated an M-14 to us newbies in 1964 first put the buttstock on his chin and fired a round, then on his jewels. That 30 cal round is almost three times the size of the most common .223 round and has a lot more kick. Granted the M-14 rifle is heavier than an AR, but I can vouch that a hundred round string of M-14 rapid fire is more wearysome than the same with an AR.
    That Cuntzman is a lying hack with an agenda. The only thing he was close on was the noise. It’s loud, but it’s no bomb.

6. Posted June 20, 2016 at 8:32 am |

So, a seven year old little girl is more manly than gersh kuntzman. God help us. And what’s even sadder is the fact that gersh kuntzman would be proud of that fact.

7. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted June 20, 2016 at 9:07 am |

^ Geeze, y’right!
    The new virtue-signaling claim is: wussier than thou.

Oregon Guy ^1
    I also have an AR-10 in good ol’ .308
    Hey, as long as one’s goin’ to 30cal, might as well throw a bunch more powder behind it.
    I built it as an anti-pirate, carbine-length rifle, in case I ever lived onboard a boat again.
    (What? Well, to avoid telling myself I bought a gun for no good reason, I have fantasy missions for all of ‘em, some of which involve zombies or space aliens, sure. Wanna hear about my Maquis bell-tower rifle?)

8. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted June 20, 2016 at 10:22 am |

Hate to say it, but I took a closer look at that first video and he seemed to be holding that AR beside his nose, not on the end of it.

Yes, a recoil able to bruise a shoulder should have put the butt plate back into his cheek, and it barely moved, so in a sense the point is made. But still, unless I’m wrong, he seems to have cheated and that doesn’t help things.

(Now that second video does make ya smile …)

9. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted June 20, 2016 at 11:20 am |

^ Yeah, I thought so too, when I first saw it; but the butt still doesn’t *wham*.

Posted June 20, 2016 at 3:55 pm |

Just for fun, it would be nice to post the video of the little girl who disassembles and reassembles the AR-15 in under 60 seconds.

11. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted June 20, 2016 at 5:42 pm |

^ Excellent idea! You got it.

12. Dave
    Posted June 20, 2016 at 7:46 pm |

The first time I shot an AR15/M16A1 was in basic training in 1976. It felt like a toy and I could hear the recoil spring in my ear. That one was a Colt.
    The one I had at Ft. Sill was a GM Hydra-matic Div.