Idiocracy In Action

Triumph the Comic Insult Dog gathers up hard-core Branch Trumpidians into a phony focus group. Hillaryity Hilarity ensues.

What’s that you say? The entertainment industry is heavily biased towards the Dems? Well, gee whiz. Thanks for pointing that out. I never would have noticed.

Posted August 19, 2016 at 10:08 am |

Hi Fawkes, good to see you are still alive and making good use of your time.

2. Fawkes News (None Of The Above)
    Posted August 19, 2016 at 12:40 pm |

^ Well, you know… real life and family have more appeal than blogging nowadaze.

Say, aren’t you proud of your peeps? The cream of the intellectual crop, no?

Posted August 19, 2016 at 1:01 pm |

I didn’t watch it. Considered the source.

Posted August 19, 2016 at 1:03 pm |

And the set up.

5. Fawkes News (None Of The Above)
    Posted August 19, 2016 at 1:08 pm |

^ Wise to ignore everything not consistent with your world view. Safer and more comfortable that way.

6. Posted August 19, 2016 at 5:13 pm |

Rumor has it that Triumph returns next week to interview CruzCrewidians on what constitutes a natural born citizen.

LOL

7. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted August 19, 2016 at 5:39 pm |

Fawkes,
    Heeeere ya go!

8. Fawkes News (None Of The Above)
    Posted August 20, 2016 at 6:54 am |

Sorry, Holger. Cruz isn’t running anymore and is unlikely to be the subject of any comical election special. Donald’s General Election opponent is Hillary; perhaps you could remind him of that next time you see him.

But to answer your question

The comical irony is the way our Trumpian friends here are acting exactly the way the focus group Trumpians did. No candid camera, no set up. Just being themselves.

BTW, I’m headed to the fridge. Can I get anyone more Kool Aid?

9. Posted August 20, 2016 at 8:00 am |

Fawkes

You know, if i had known people would actually buy into the mumbo jumbo at that link I would have put a helluva lot more effort into the Jindal campaign. Darn it…too late again.

Oh well, I gotta get back to mixing up some kool aid for the weekend – just got a fresh batch in of the Glenn Beck Special Recipe “HowToTryandActLikeaConstitutionalistWhenThrowingaTantrum” .

10. Posted August 20, 2016 at 8:13 am |

By the way Fawkes, nearly forgot….

The next time you want to debate the natural born status of the likes of Cruz or Jindal or Rubio or Obama or etc, try to stick to the “natural born” requirement of Article 2 of the Constitution and avoid going off the rails into the area of what a “naturalized” citizen is. I’m sorry if you thought I was questioning whether Ted Cruz is a citizen, of course he is and he met the requirement to be a U.S. Senator by being JUST A CITIZEN, but whether he is a natural born citizen, your little link doesn’t back you up for squat.

11. Fawkes News (None Of The Above)
    Posted August 20, 2016 at 10:03 am |

^ Hey, I was just showing you the law that defines what “Natural Born” means in Article II. You and Geraldo believe that the wording doesn’t qualify Ted Cruz, while a couple dozen federal and state judges disagree with you. Like I said, Ted Cruz isn’t running anymore.

It’s hilarious the way you project your cultish devotion to Donald onto me. Ted Cruz wasn’t even my first choice (though in hindsight, maybe he should have been). I was for Scott Walker, then Bobby Jindal, then Cruz. I might’ve even voted for Donald in the general election, except he refuses to learn what the Nuclear Triad is (he can just Google it, dontcha know), and thinks that the Constitution has 20 Articles, and that judges sign bills into law, and wants military members to commit war crimes for him because he’s “the boss.”

So None of the Above.

12. Leonard Jones
    Posted August 20, 2016 at 11:01 am |

Guy, I have a nasty habit of listening to Glenn Beck from
    time to time. I do it mainly to see just how mentally un-
    hinged he can get. He aired the audio from this obviously
    scripted comedy skit from beginning to end. With
    commentary this went on for at least 45 minutes.

He actually used this audio to make the case that Trump
    supporters are mind numbed zombies. There is an old
    saying about when everyone around you says you are
    drunk, it is time to sit down. I think he is off his meds.
    Towards the end, he sounded like Bogart in the Caine
    Mutiny rolling the ball bearings and bitching about the
    Strawberries, still stating that he believed parts of this
    skit to be real examples of real Trump supporters.

This is an example of the kind of bat-crap crazy that Glenn
    Beck has descended into:

13. Fawkes News (None Of The Above)
    Posted August 20, 2016 at 11:31 am |

^ I don’t listen to Glenn Beck, or any talk radio for that matter (unless I’m visiting Granny Fawkes and she has the Mark Levin podcast on), but the Trump supporters in the skit were actual Trump supporters, not actors.

The joke was supposed to be to see their reactions as the fake ads got more and more outrageous. The fascinating thing was the way they rationalized and justified the pronouncements, eventually convincing themselves that locking illegal immigrants in Deportation Portapotties (for example) was a good idea.

It is textbook cult behavior and groupthink, very reminiscent of the Obama Hopey-Changey Cult of 2008.

14. Leonard Jones
    Posted August 20, 2016 at 6:24 pm |

I can assure you Guy, that was entirely scripted. The problem
    was that with each fake ad, the next one got even more
    preposterous than the one before. Somebody on that
    alleged panel would have said WHOA long before the
    skit ended.

What was the first clue? How about the comic insult dog!
    Trump supporters are pretty much disaffected conservative
    Republicans and TEA Party types. Such people are far too
    sophisticated to fall for such an amateurish prank.

15. Fawkes News (None Of The Above)
    Posted August 20, 2016 at 6:51 pm |

^ Well, as the Russian Lady was fond of saying, “Contradictions cannot exist. If you find something that appears to be a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.”

16. mike f
    Posted August 20, 2016 at 8:26 pm |

Okay, I am hereby publically shaming myself by announcing my slavish devotion to and intention to vote for Donald J. Trump for President. I wish also to state my wholehearted support of guns on chains in the ladies rooms of America, next to the vending machines of whatevers.

And, and, – where else can you find a president who’s already presidentin in his own jet with his own name on it?!! Huh?!

I LOVED the first ad! Howled, I did. Great spoof, great script, great eyebrow levitation by the big bald guy!

17. Dave
    Posted August 20, 2016 at 9:36 pm |

I want to go on record that my non vote for Trump or Clinton is magically going to my drunk brother-in-law.