what a tangled web she braids

Rachael Dolezal, the white woman caught masquerading as a black woman who ignited a national debate about race, has kept a relatively low profile since her fall last year.

But this weekend she will headline the Naturally Isis Braid-On, Economic Liberty March and Rally in Dallas, Texas. Dolezal was invited by Isis Brantley, a celebrity stylist, natural hair activist, and owner of the Institute of Ancestral Braiding…

1. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 2, 2016 at 5:34 am |

Discredited Leftists never go away. They just lay low for a month or two, then come back as if nothing ever happened.

2. Posted September 2, 2016 at 6:39 am |

Is she wearing an isis approved hairstyle?

3. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 2, 2016 at 6:43 am |

I agree that braiding hair ought not to be a .gov-approved activity; obviously even the almighty .gov cannot convince them they are causing their own alopecia. *eyeroll*

Other than that — thanx for the “improved racial relations,” Obobobobobobo!

4. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted September 2, 2016 at 7:49 am |

the braidy bunch

(sorry)

Posted September 2, 2016 at 7:53 am |

natural hair activist, and owner of the Institute of Ancestral Braiding.
    WTF? Does one need a PhD in bovine scatology to work at the “Institute”??

In the early 70′s, I worked and traveled seven months in South Africa and surrounding countries, and never once saw an Afro or rasta braids. I thought rasta braids were a Caribbean island thing, not African. Kim dT might correct me for being a provincial come here to his homeland, but the only braids I saw were made of string and red clay for festive occasions.
    I’m tired of African this that and the other. What would a black person call him/herself if born in Sweden? Afrikanska-Swede?
    In Germany? Afrikanische-Deutsch?
    Under that standard, I’m an Anglo-American, and I want some set asides. Those founders dead white guys persecuted Englishmen.

6. Paladin
    Posted September 2, 2016 at 8:34 am |

I have a sister-in-law originally from Jamaica. My nephew had corn-rows until he was 3 as per the custom there. Caribbean islands are definitely big on the braids.

On a side note, my nephew gets downright testy when someone refers to him as African-American since he was born right here.

7. DougM (quiet, keeps to himself, kind of a loner, nobody thought he’d do anything like this)
    Posted September 2, 2016 at 10:07 am |

Isn’t that cultural appropriation?

8. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted September 2, 2016 at 2:27 pm |

Dang. I was hoping she was going to join the other ISIS …

9. Posted September 2, 2016 at 6:55 pm |

From reading National Geographic in the 50′s and 60′s, I learned that in Mother Africa, clay and cow dung were used in getting yer hair did.

I’m all for it.

MC

10. Paul Moore
    Posted September 3, 2016 at 2:30 am |

As a proud Dutch-American, I’m still waiting for my reparations from England for the Boer war.
    Also- hot cocoa is cultural appropriation.