When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

not sure I’ve got teh skillzz

What an odd, grandmotherly phrase is “Basket of Deplorables.”

Meanwhile in the “Basket of Clinton Foundation Donors” we have scores of charming and delightful people.

eg The House of Saud, sponsor of Wahabbism [and The Base] around the world, chopper of hands and necks, stoner of women and gheys – receiving Billions of $$$ worth of ShiiteHawt jets after significant donations to Teh Humanitaaaarian Clinton Foundation.

So clearly she’s not an “Islamophobe !!!!” More an Islamophile.

And certainly in promoting the “Social Welfare Programs” which have succeeded in one-in-six [47.5 million] Americans being dependent on Food Stamps / Teh .Gov — many more women than men — prooooves she’s not Raaaacist, right? Unless one believes dependency is slavery-lite.

And clearly, designating the USofA the only nation on earth which should not have control over its borders prooooves she’s not a Xenophobe. Rather a Xenophile.

Because people who hold views different than Ours are not just different. Not just perhaps mistaken. They are evial and awful soul-less Zombies whose only desire is to eat your braaaaiiinz [if any].

Attempting to discuss Facts or Reason in this political environment is like explaining physics to a duck.

Let’s just talk about hILLary’s body double. And the image of her campaign: a random shoe lying forlornly in the gutter.

Let’s figure out where and when the term “alt-right” came into use. Is it an updated VRWC? or something oh-so-much-moar sinister?

Oh, and please, let’s spend endless hours discussing the history, evolution and usage of Pepe Teh Frog*.

1. Fat Baxter
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 9:20 am |

I admit I’m a racist — I love NASCAR!

2. DougM (not as deplorable as one might think)
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 10:15 am |

M’kay, Claire, if you insist.
    Already did the shoe thing to death,
    but I’ve no interest in the alt-right or Pepe.

Posted September 14, 2016 at 10:59 am |

I dunno…looking at Hellary waddling around, I think the body double is in the baggy clothes with her all the time.
    In any case, I want the bitch to hang around long enough to see a humiliating defeat, then she can go stroke out.
    I’m sick of being lied to and talked down to from politicians in general, but especially from that forty year fuckup.

4. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 1:20 pm |

The “Alt-Right” is real. They mean to replace the Conservatives (the Non-Alt-Right?) as the main opposition to the left, based on nationalism and general belief in the superiority of the “European Culture,” whatever that is.

Here’s an interview between Hugh Hewitt (a Trump supporter, though Trump doesn’t always like him) and Jonah Goldberg of National Review (despised by both Trump and the “Alt-Right), in which they discuss the origins of the term “Alt-Right,” and the nature of its practitioners, supporters, provocateurs, and apologists.

5. Fat Baxter
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 3:22 pm |

I want the Cafe Press concession for t-shirts that say “Ctrl+Alt+Right.”

6. DougM (not as deplorable as one might think)
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 3:37 pm |

^ For the Progs:
    del+alt+right
    F10+alt+right (mute on Mac)

How about :
    F1+alt+right (dim on Mac)
    esc+alt+right

Of course, the real prize for truly power-crazed is cmd+alt+right

(What? Okay, one stupid cultural ref pun.)

7. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 4:43 pm |

Snark all you want (and all of it was funny), but the Alternative Right (Alt-Right) is real. Please listen to my link above. This small minority of Donald’s supporters actually fit the 50-year old Leftist stereotype. Think twice before you buy in, lest you own the stereotype for at least the next 50 years.

8. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 4:45 pm |

“Alt-Right” is my new phrase that I want to punch in the face.
    I STILL don’t even know what the definition of ” Neo-Con” is and I’ve been told for years that I AM one…………

9. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 4:59 pm |

Headmissy, rest assured that you are neither a Neocon nor a member of the Alt-Right. Nevertheless, there were those out there who claimed those terms as their own.

But, for your edification, I will reach into (Wiki) History and define the Neo-Conservative.

10. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 5:32 pm |

*I was a huge lefty who became more Libertarian after the election of William Weld as Mass governor and became more hawkish under George W. Bush. And I hate commies and leftists. I actually think I AM a neo-con now!
    Your example was the only one I’ve ever “heard” and I’ve been asking for years.

11. Dave
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 6:41 pm |

^I’ll be your Neo-Con.

12. DougM (not as deplorable as one might think)
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 8:51 pm |

I ignored the Pepe thing until this post,
    buuut it intrigued me, so…
    heeere ya go!

13. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 9:50 pm |

so Fawkes — shouldn’t they call it the “alt-white“?

14. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 10:17 pm |

Fawkes @4 — Upon listening to the whole thing, I’m not sure I have any better grasp of the history, evolution or significance of the whole “Alt-Right” …thing. when did it become “alt-Right”? Why that name? Who funds it? What’re their goals? What’s the point?

There have always been separatists — of many kinds. Throughout History. There are now self-segregated black dorms on many collge campii. [usually backed by the cry that whitey is evial and commits micro-aggressions *eyeroll*]

And self-segregated/ing groups of blacks, whites, mexicans, etc. Yanno — neighborhoods. Like the Greek or Russian or Italian neighborhoods. Some are radical and demand that it be enforced …somehow: some are just people hanging out with people they feel more comfortable with. That seems to be increasing as the rhetoric ratchets up and the rage in the streets heats up.

Me? I think people oughta be able to choose their own friends and their own neighborhoods. They’re trying to force “diverse” neighborhoods in CA — No One likes it. Because no one likes to be forced.

At least we have that in common…

But I get the feeling I’m missing something with the whole alt-right …thang. Something important.

Somebody plz ‘splain it? [short words and simple charts, plz.]

15. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 4:41 am |

^ Near as I can tell, the term “Alternative Right” was coined by a group called the National Alliance (named after, you know, Mussolini’s party in Italy). Aside from the usual nationalism, their primary goal was to prevent interracial marriages and the “dilution of the national gene pool.” While having a robust online presence since the days of the USENET, they remained relatively obscure until one Donald J. Trump Sr. started blowing his “politically incorrect” dog whistle, and they fell madly in love with him. With the help of opportunists like Ann Coulter and Steve Bannon, they gained a national platform and following. As was pointed out in the interview, now many Trumpsters call themselves “Alt-Right” without truly understanding what it means. This, in turn, plays right into the hands of the Progs, who would love nothing better than to paint all of their opponents as racist, xenophobic “White Nationalists.” And every time Donald winks at his openly racist Pom-Pom squad, it makes the Progs’ job that much easier.

16. DougM (not as deplorable as one might think)
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 8:59 am |

Given the composition of the early alt-right,
    I’d prob’ly label ‘em the alt-Dems.

17. Joe Bandmember ≠ damn right I'm not equal to that
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 11:24 am |

Well, whatever I am, the left hates it. I’ve been blocked, banned, deleted, threatened, and even had local police called on me when I suggested that the ‘Lympia police get control of the ever escalating left wing tolerance and diversity that was vandalizing city hall and police stations before all that tolerance and diversity resulted in a citizen felling threatened to the point of a response with possibly deadly force.

Oh, I forgot to mention parodied in a local diaper fetish blog.

Posted September 15, 2016 at 1:24 pm |

It seems to be the latest manufactured over use of labeling (like the first time as a kid you got a hold of the plastic tape crunch labeler)

combined with a splash of alinsky to continue to separate and vilify people in whatever diversities are convenient and effective.

And so many have their attention held by the shiny thing on the end of the fishing line as it is wiggled ever so carefully by the handlers and media types till it is swallowed.

*squirrel*

19. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 3:00 pm |

When they’re described like this:

They do most of their acting out online, often by organizing on 4chan or Reddit and then trolling targets on Twitter.*

I have a hard time not smelling troll spoor…
    I thought “white separatist nationalists” were back-woods rednecks clingin’ to their bibles, guns and mud boggers — not metro 4chan Tweet-flamers.

“Milo [Yiannopoulos] is the person who propelled the alt-right movement into the mainstream,” says Heidi Beirich, who directs the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups and describes the term “alt-right” as “a conscious rebranding by white nationalists that doesn’t automatically repel the mainstream.”

rly? a “Dangerous Faggot” Brit whom I’ve heard [in my mall exposure to him] call out the horroristas of “third wave feminists”, the idiocy of campus “safe spaces” and “free speech zones”, and let the air out of dang near all the Proggies’ Sacred Cows? He’s the face of the “alt-right”?!?

Something just doesn’t click, here…

20. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 4:05 pm |

No Mech, they’re real. Just ask ‘em.

Are they being used as a straw man? You bet. But whose fault is that? Look in the mirror and at your girlfriend Ann.

21. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 4:08 pm |

Claire: These National Alliance types have been very Internet-savvy from the very beginning, making themselves look far more numerous than they actually are. Even so, nobody ever would have heard of them, were it not for the likes of Donald, Milo, Matt, and Ann.

22. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 5:38 pm |

Aaaaaand while we’re having this enlightening conversation, Donnie Trump makes an adorable quip about gas chambers.

23. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 5:41 pm |

So Donald, Milo, Matt, and Ann brought them up in the first place? [see, I'm so far behind on this I might as well be playing ketchup as catch-up. hence the questions.]

If they are actually as few as I might imagine they would be [now I'm talking about the hard-core white-supremicists] whyinhell would anyone talk about ‘em at all?

What *I* see is more Basket of Deplorables crap with anyone disagreeing with Hill being Sexist!! [cuz she's a woman and demands to be treated equally to a man][???!?], and anyone thinking the US ought to be allowed its borders like every other nation being Xeeenophobic!!! and Raaaacist” and … yanno the rest.

A big ol Tar Brush.

Like that oft asked ‘question’: “there are KKK members who like Trump, therefore Trump likes KKK members.” That Logyk has holes ya could drive a train thru.

Not to say there ain’t icky people out there — hell they’re all over the landscape. But they’re not any kind of majority significant enough to actually talk about [and heaven knows ya can't talk with 'em]

Still something I’m not getting, here.
    Dim guurl…

24. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 5:52 pm |

So Donald, Milo, Matt, and Ann brought them up in the first place?

Yes, they did. And tried to legitimize them as an “alternative” to the yucky, lame, religious, limited government non-alt-right conservatives. Even the likes of Rush have bought in.

Imagine the glee of the Dems.

Forgive me, but if you don’t get it, it’s because you don’t want to.

25. Fat Baxter
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 7:44 pm |

I find it beyond ironic that the Left tries to associate Republicans with the KKK, when the Klan was actually the enforcement arm of the southern Democrats back in the day.

26. PeggyU
    Posted September 15, 2016 at 9:59 pm |

WTF is Pepe teh Frog?

27. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 16, 2016 at 7:35 am |

Forgive me, but if you don’t get it, it’s because you don’t want to.
    – Fawkes @24

Forgive me, but I thought we were all pals helping each other out here on The Porch. I do plead guilty to ignorance and a certain cynicism that nothing is as it seems.

—–

PeggyU @ 26 — Pepe teh Frog was one of those silly ‘net memes [from MySpace days!?!] that grew in popularity til Taylor Swift and other pop stars were using it. One guy claims that he used it to troll some journalist by draping Teh Frog in Nazi symbols and that is the origin of Hillary’s outrage, here. [moar linkys to the back-story at the linky]

It’s a side issue to who is/is not part of the alt-right and what’s becoming a pretty messy, blurred definition of the alt-right, itself. That’s what I’ve been trying to tease out — in my distracted way — since I’d never heard the term “the alt-right” til hILLiary used it …what? last week?

What can I say? I like puzzles.

28. Jimmy don\'t play that
    Posted September 16, 2016 at 8:30 am |

@12 DougM – It is indeed an epic troll. You might ascribe the Clinton camp’s confusion to the frog of war.

(covers head, runs away)

#JeSuisDeplorable

29. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 16, 2016 at 9:12 am |

the frog of war…

Jimmy wins Teh InnarToobz.

30. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 17, 2016 at 7:54 am |

^ Claire (27): We are friends. As a friend, it is my duty to let you know when you are evading reality. You’re staring right at it; you just don’t see it.

Donald and Donnie Trump are pandering to very unsavory people (who are a tiny minority but really do exist), exactly resembling the Usual Suspects’ stereotype of all non-progs for the past 50+ years. And this has handed a perfect, live, in-living-color straw man to the Dems on a silver platter. And Trump, Junior, Ann, et al. are continuing to wink at them. This may be all fun and games for them, but it is causing irreparable long-term to us, possibly irrevocably cementing the loss of an entire generation (and perhaps two) to Progressivism.

31. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 17, 2016 at 1:27 pm |

Thanks, Fawkes, I’m glad we’re pals. I’ve always thought highly of you.

So I hope you won’t mind if I point out that “evading reality” implies a conscious choice while “just don’t see it” implies missing information, not seeing patterns and, likely, missing the whole dang point. Which territory I wholeheartedly claimed when I started asking questions.

I have enough Stupid to fight without grabbing onto more intentionally.

You’re clearly more widely read than I — especially of late as I’ve been fairly to heavily distracted. [summer family stuff, a bout with the flu, general ennui, blablabla…]

so — moar questions:

I get that these Unsavorys do exist. But if/as they are such a tiny group, Teh Donalds ain’t gonna get many votes out of ‘em while they lose other votes from the pandering. I fail to see the Profit in that.

Agreed. Taking those two together, there must be a Purpose in there somewhere. [it can’t really be just for lulz, right?] So what *is* the point? How does Teh Donald [or whoever] benefit?

32. Fawkes News (Who Would John Galt Vote For?)
    Posted September 18, 2016 at 6:31 am |

^ First of all, having lived his entire adult life in New York Liberal circles, Donald honestly believes the “Flyover People” are all like this. So he thinks he actually is pandering to the Redneck Right (in his eyes), while stripping away the pesky, finger-sniffing Constitutionalist intellectuals that would only keep him from doing what he wants, because pesky limited government and stuff.

Secondly, because of Obama’s flagrant disregard for the Constitution and the rule of law, combined with a feckless and even collaborating GOP, there are a lot of furious, fed up people out there who just want “their own” authoritarian to stick it to their tormentors, liberty and the Constitution be damned. As a bonus, 50+ years of Progs calling them racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. lends a “Boy Who Cried Wolf” dynamic, allowing Donald to wink at, point to, and even openly pander to the actually and openly racist “Alt-Right,” causing ordinary, conservative leaning people to view any attack on Pepe Teh Frog as just another attack on them. This, combined with an absolutely horrendous candidate and deplorable (hee!) human being as an opponent, may allow Donald’s gambit actually to succeed. In the short term.

However, the long term consequences of Donald Trump’s candidacy cannot be understated. It has already succeeded in turning off a YUUUUUUUUGE group of Millennials who were actually interested in and listening to the likes of Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. As H->’s political guru James Carville correctly pointed out, the GOP could well alienate an entire new generation of voters forever. Thanks to Donald (intentionally or unintentionally, win or lose), the future of the Republican Party is grim. Indeed, the future for the cause of liberty may well lie elsewhere.

33. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 19, 2016 at 9:08 am |

That makes sense, that he started with that view. But how damn dumb must one be to travel the entire US and still have that silly idea? Willful blindness. [also goes for Hillry] or An Agenda….

That’s one part I missed: people wanting an authoritarian. I hear a lot of “leave me the hell alone” sentiment… And I see DaTrumpster mocking various PC tropes [yay!] but I missed the hunger for “their own” authoritarian”. That’s disturbing. very.

I still think the whole PtFrog thing is a troll — of some kind. White Supremacists choosing a Mexican frog as a mascot? rly?
    Tho the reactions elicited were /are …informative

Your last point really rings bells with me: if there were someone who could just say clearly and simply the basic principles of Limited .Gov, Individual Freedom, Free Markets, etc, that would be The Thing Millennials are seeking [along with so many of the rest of us.

Why is it so difficult — and rare — for *someone* to say these things out loud?!?

Might there be something in the ginormous machine of who is allowed to get on [or even near] the ballot that precludes such talk?

And maybe that’s why I keep seeing trolling jobs wherever I look: somehow the whole thing feels like a ginormous troll job. 300 million people to choose from and we get offered Bad Grandma and the Leader of the Orange Klown Posse.

…and “self-driving” cars