Feeding the Alligators

Secretary of the Treasury: Steve Mnuchin, former Goldman Sachs executive and protégé of George Soros.

Secretary of Transportation: Elaine Chao, a.k.a. Mrs Mitch McConnell.

Secretary of Commerce: Wilbur Ross, lifelong Democrat and George Soros BFF.

Secretary of Homeland Security: Michael McCaul, 5 term Congressman and co-sponsor of amnesty legislation in 2015.

Again, this doesn’t exactly feel to me like tearing down the establishment / burning down Washington / draining the swamp. Just sayin’.

My take:

UPDATE!

For Headmissy:

1. DougM (stand down the SMOD watch)
    Posted November 30, 2016 at 3:12 pm |

[choir listens politely]

2. Posted November 30, 2016 at 4:14 pm |

Thank god this happened early – the suspense of having to wait for the endless “i told you so’s” from Fawkes News would have driven me mad.

Fawkes, maybe we can make a deal – you get one “told you so” post a month, you know…make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy about your superior insights and crystal ball aptitude. That way, for the rest of the month us dullards and dimwitted fools who never really understood conservatism like Your Honor can just flit around the site and make believe that things will be okay until we finally get what we really need….535 heads on pikes and a capital in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

3. Chris in NC
    Posted November 30, 2016 at 5:15 pm |

Holger, why would you wish that upon Cheyenne Wyoming? What did they ever do to you? lol Seriously, we can clean the 542 heads (you left off some SCOTUS justices and the pres/vp) but eventually the new government will be corrupt and shitty. Leave it with the rest of the shit in DC.

Fawkes, he’s going to put some insiders in various places. How about we see what he does legislatively before taking victory laps. He may actually do one or two of the things he said he would which would be a first for a president…

Posted November 30, 2016 at 5:18 pm |

C’mon Fawkes; the alternative was Hellery and certain ruin, with a Kagian SCOTUS for the next twenty five years just for starters.
    Am I totally happy? No. Am I relieved to have dodged a guaranteed bullet in the neck? Yes.
    Give it a rest, my friend.

5. DougM (stand down the SMOD watch)
    Posted November 30, 2016 at 5:21 pm |

Worst case:
    we get another Bush instead of another Clinton/Obama.
    Best case:
    his conservative picks hang a few croc skins on the shed.

The Republic survives.
    I can live with that.

6. Buzz
    Posted November 30, 2016 at 6:17 pm |

Lest anyone forget, Trump was a longtime Clinton pal.
    This masquerade as a Republican was for his ego.

Of course, the feckless R leaders can only blame themselves for abandoning the people and the Constitution, in unholy pursuit of Dem voters.
    Trump tapped into their frustration like the master showman he is.

The brightest spot is the defeat of the most corrupt and lawless politician this side of our porous borders.
    I don’t hold as much hope for Trump SCOTUS picks, but at least Senate confirmation can keep things slightly in check.

7. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted November 30, 2016 at 6:29 pm |

You’re harshing my schadenfreude!! :)

8. Fawkes News (Told You So!)
    Posted November 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm |

^ Doug and Dick: Not directed at you. You made what you thought was the least bad of awful choices. Short term, it might be less bad than under Hillary, or even a bit better for awhile. Long term… (shudder)

^ Holger: I don’t always say I told you so. But when I do, it’s because I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!

9. Dave
    Posted November 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm |

Lest we forget, Trump did spend much more of his life as a Democrat than as a Republican. He is a professional user of governments from the outside of those governments. Now he is the HMFIC of one of those governments.
    So, when he acts like a big government progressive, it should surprise no one. Now we have the same shit, but it is a different day. DC still stinks. It stinks like a dirty swamp. Like a sewer. It is not going to change. For all the Trumphumpers who hitched their wagons to a RotorRooter truck get used to disappointment. For anyone here who is offended by the ‘I told you so’, get used to it.
    Rock on Fawkes, It’s called holding his feet to the fire.

10. Posted November 30, 2016 at 7:13 pm |

^Fawkes

You’re right. You don’t always say I told you so. In fact, I don’t recall a time you ever were in a position to say I told you so. In fact, you STILL aren’t in that position because you know nothing more than I do.

You got pissed off because Trump won the primaries – have you ever stopped to consider the number of votes that went to Trump because of pompous blowhards like you and your “my way or the highway” approach to marketing your candidate? My candidate lost to Trump because he ran a bonehead, safe and half hearted campaign and he got beat. Fair and square.

Oh well, the wicked Hillary is dead and gone. The BEHEMOTH federal government is alive and well under Trump like it would have been under Walker or Cruz or Paul.

Someday maybe you and me will be side by side with pitchforks instead of bleating out ” i told you so” like pussy sheep.

Probably time for Holger to sail up the fjord and sit on down on a mountain top next to Ragnar and reminisce about simpler times of raiding the English.

11. Posted December 1, 2016 at 4:20 am |

^5 Dave

Seriously, what percentage of Trump supporters actually thought he was Ronald Reagan except a lot more conservative and constitutionalist? 2%? 5%? What percentage of Trump supporters knew exactly what he was but laid on the sword to send the big FU to the swamp dwellers? Remember that Governor that Minnesotans put into office back in 1999 (I won’t use his name out of respect for the Kyle family)? Minnesotans weren’t shocked that he got into office and was a first class nutcase – it was called sending a message. Right, wrong, idiotic, moronic…whatever…when people get pushed to the brink they do desperate things and sometimes foolish things to feel better.

And I gotta admit – the night i saw John Podesta have to go to the podium to cover for the Hillary Hag and send everyone home….and see the mouths wide open and eyes filled with horror of the MSM…it felt better.

Perhaps some time should be spent discussing the “I told you so” aspect of the fact that we have NO two party system anymore…that we have a ONE party system called the Government Party.

Posted December 1, 2016 at 9:50 am |

Holger, it is good to read you again. You have patience and perspective that I seem to have lost.

Who would have guessed when I arrived on the Porch, (what, 15 years ago?) that defeat would have been snatched from the jaws of victory in Iraq, that we would have a precedent in the White House for two terms, that Trump would be elected President, or that we would have our own troll living under the porch.

From the beginning I saw Trump as an engine for demolition necessary for the “remodel” of not only DC but the republican party. Those who have experienced the remodeling of a home understand this and that the process is seldom easy, clean, or glamorous. Those who do the work know this much more than those who arrive later to kibitz.

This is not an end. Nay, it’s hardly the beginning yet.

13. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted December 1, 2016 at 11:31 am |

I think Fawkes is trying to demonstrate that with these picks, it’s not burning anything down……..

But then I don’t speak for anyone, that’s just my take and he’s kinda right. Maybe. *I* am still waiting to see what actually happens.

14. Paladin
    Posted December 1, 2016 at 3:04 pm |

I think that people voted for Trump for those reasons: that he was the bull in the china shop, the hand grenade rolled under the White House’s front door, and that he wasn’t Hillary.

I was always partial to Ted Cruz. He actually had the track record for standing on principle; for fighting to do what he said he would do. All the liberal Republicans hated him.

I’ve also had my thoughts about Trump. They haven’t changed much from day 1. I keep hoping he’ll prove me wrong.

15. Posted December 1, 2016 at 4:55 pm |

1^ Doug
    Great observation. It’s always polite when the choir listens politely – you know.

16. Dave
    Posted December 1, 2016 at 9:20 pm |

Were Wilbur Ross and Vizzini switched at birth?

17. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted December 1, 2016 at 10:04 pm |

^ OWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

18. DougM (stand down the SMOD watch)
    Posted December 1, 2016 at 10:20 pm |

^^ Inconceivable

19. Chris in NC
    Posted December 2, 2016 at 6:31 am |

“*I* voted for Trump because of the fuck you factor and because I just want it all to burn down.”

You and me both. I was on the Johnson train until the hillary team got so obnoxious that I voted trump just to tell them to fuck off.

20. Fat Baxter
    Posted December 2, 2016 at 10:11 am |

I’m not that worried about Trump’s political leanings, because he’s not going to reign unilaterally, as a monarch, due to the nature of our government.

I was taught “the president proposes, Congress disposes.” Legislation requires a kabuki dance involving most of DC. So I imagine that his Cabinet, together with the Republican leadership in both Houses, will take the edge off most of his proposals. As it should be.

Obama, with his pen and phone, was a very bad precedent that should not be repeated except in extremis.

Posted December 2, 2016 at 11:28 am |

^ Thanks Fat Baxter, we need to be reminded of that every day and pay attention to our congresscritters so they are reminded of our intended direction as well.

22. Guaman
    Posted December 2, 2016 at 9:45 pm |

I’m still going to give Mr. Trump a chance. He is the boss, and he’s not a tentative guy and he knows it. He fires people that don’t cut the mustard. They know it and we know it. Trump has yet to identify the hidden associate female muslim side kick seen with Obama and Hillary.