today’s wedgie

previously

Meryl Streep’s powerful act of political defiance at the Golden Globes
[ It's not really "defiance" when everyone in the room agrees with you and you'd never work again if you'd said the opposite. ]

1. grayjohn
    Posted January 9, 2017 at 8:18 pm |

You’re off to a good start, having achieved her level of stupidity.

2. Patricia
    Posted January 9, 2017 at 8:54 pm |

I think he was being sarcastic…
    at least, I hope so.

3. Dave
    Posted January 9, 2017 at 9:23 pm |

“I was a garbage man, like Troy [his character in Fences]. You get eight hours’ worth of work, but you can do it in three. So you can go home as soon as you finish. Post office, you get three hours of work and you make it last eight. I did both. I liked being a garbage man better. But they weren’t bad jobs. People say, ‘Oh the difficulty of making a movie.’ I say, ‘Send your son to Iraq. That’s difficult.’ It’s just a movie. It’s like, relax. I don’t play that precious nonsense. Get outta here. Your son got shot in the face? That’s difficult. Making a movie is a luxury. It’s a gift. It’s an opportunity and most importantly it’s a gift. Obviously everybody here is talented enough to do that. But don’t get it twisted.”
    Denzel Washington

4. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted January 9, 2017 at 9:38 pm |

He was being sarcastic and demonstrating why.

5. Jess
    Posted January 10, 2017 at 4:47 am |

I think Streep is the victim of somebody secretly placing LSD in her Ensure. It’s that, or she’s a condescending piece of puke crap.

6. accipiterNW
    Posted January 10, 2017 at 7:39 am |

So when Queen Meryl referenced Trump mocking the disabled reporter, I had to search that- I thought it was a mistake on his part but that he had apologized for it.
    I searched the story again. I must’ve missed it before, but I am finding out now that it was a media creation. The expressive Trump was using his hands to imitate someone who is flustered and backtracking their story, or groveling. And it was not the first time during his campaign that Trump had used these hand gestures. But the fake media pushers used the reporter’s disability and freeze frame imagery to make Trump look like the bad guy. Can’t believe Meryl and some of the news organs I heard yesterday are still using that story. Never knew a smug elitist “victim” could almost shame me.

7. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 10, 2017 at 7:59 am |

way to increase your Q-factor and decrease your career potential simultaneously, Muryl!