like a wedgie only it takes years of dedicated discipline and training and it hurts

Meryl Streep demonstrates ultimate submission MMA technique ” The Arm Bar

several fighters and mixed martial arts supporters took to Twitter to voice their opinions on Streep’s comments. Many pointed to the double standard in her speech, which called on Americans to rise above hatred and intolerance yet casually dissed an entire class of sports and their fans.

UFC Host Megan Olivi wrote: “Really weird to see someone talk about not discriminating then basically discriminate against an entire group of skilled, hard working ppl.”

Others reminded her that numerous Ultimate Fighting Championship’s titleholders hail from many parts of the world, with champions Jose Aldo, Conor McGregor, Amanda Nunes or MMA superstar Ronda Rousey all having roots outside the country…

I’d like to add a personal message to Mz Streep…

I became sober almost 13 years ago and credit my participation in Muay Thai kickboxing for much of my success. The discipline, interaction with healthy people, incredibly hard and brutal workouts and camaraderie with people from all walks of life made my mind, body and soul healthy and is what made me more successful at my first attempt sobriety than approximately 90% of the people who try and fail. I’ve watched young men rise up from “shit holes” and dead end lives of poverty and drug abuse. I’ve seen overweight and shy girls with low self esteem get themselves in incredible physical shape and saw the confidence that came with the transformations. I’ve seen people released from prison who’ve stayed out and made things right with society and themselves.

I’ve lost count of how many celebrities and entertainers struggle with depression, substance abuse and how many of you we’ve seen commit suicide or overdose because of severe emotional problems and inability to overcome them. And these are people with resources and support that most of us don’t have.

So go fuck yourself.

1. DougM (2016 the year The Left™ went mad)
    Posted January 10, 2017 at 12:27 pm |

Julia Child:
    In World War II, she was a research assistant for the OSS and played a key role in the communication of top-secret documents between U.S. officials and intelligence officers in assignments in Washington, D.C., China, and Sri Lanka.

Meryl Streep went to a White House party.
    She’s not a heroine, but she played one on TV.

Posted January 10, 2017 at 1:02 pm |

I read something recently to the effect of: “Streep was awarded the globe by 95 foreign journalists and Trump was elected by 65 million Americans”

Remember that hollyweird is filled with people who get paid to wear make up and masks and play make believe.

Posted January 10, 2017 at 2:21 pm |

Well said Headmissie, and congratulations on your continuing sobriety. Here and there along the way, I’ve noticed that peer pressure and a good example from a well-disciplined, hard working group tends to spread the discipline and work ethic to newcomers.

The Progtards have utterly failed a couple generations of kids by substituting unearned self-esteem in place of hard work and discipline.

4. tctsunami
    Posted January 10, 2017 at 4:50 pm |

Very well said Sondra, and good for you.
    You took a stand for others while putting the hollywood types in their place.

5. Fawkes News (Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Kodos)
    Posted January 10, 2017 at 5:40 pm |

What Headmissy said.

6. Dan Patterson
    Posted January 10, 2017 at 6:21 pm |

Well said.
    I’ll drink to that!

What?

7. Max Redline
    Posted January 10, 2017 at 9:02 pm |

Kudus. I’d add that many entertainers seem to forget that they exist only to entertain.

8. Posted January 10, 2017 at 9:12 pm |

Awesome Sondrak.
    geoff at InnocentBystanders linked you.

Best Wishes,

Retired Geezer and Mrs. Geezer

9. Buzz
    Posted January 11, 2017 at 5:02 pm |

It’s all too often, anymore, that Headmissie’s response is how I feel during most daily interactions.
    People so blinded by their misguided perceptions and ostriched point of view that they refuse to even have a casual conversation, let alone debate merits of a point.