today’s PSA

Apparently these businesses don’t know the difference between illegal and legal…might be best to not give them our business, just to be safe.

1. jlw
    Posted February 16, 2017 at 1:22 pm |

perhaps explain to them the meaning of the term “valued guest”

2. Posted February 16, 2017 at 2:13 pm |

Dear Comfort Suites,

In order for ME to help those workers at MasterCard who are also participating in the “Day Without Immigrants” I will not be using my Mastercard credit card in the morning but will leave a live goat tethered to your front desk – consider that as payment for my stay in a filthy disheveled room.

p.s. I haven’t fed the goat in three days

3. Stick
    Posted February 16, 2017 at 3:16 pm |

I smell an ICE raid target.

How y’all gonna clean rooms if we deport their asses?

Posted February 16, 2017 at 3:31 pm |

^^Holger
    p.s. I haven’t fed the goat in three days except for some Exlax. He loved it and so will you.

5. DougM (easily entertained)
    Posted February 16, 2017 at 4:06 pm |

Dear Valued Guest,
    Tomorrow, some of our staff will be off making fools of themselves.
    As a result, we have engaged several unemployed veterans who have experience making beds and cleaning latrines.
    Please be patient if the sheets and blankets are tight enough to bounce a quarter on, and the toilets have seats but no covers.
    If you need hot water, the front desk will supply you with a portable stove and pot. Water may be drawn at the faucet in the janitor’s closet on the each floor. Jerry cans will be available.
    Our full-breakfast will be your choice of MREs.
    The good news is that we have laid-in a supply of Black Rifle Coffe, so there’s that.
    Enjoy your stay!
    That’s an order.

6. Posted February 16, 2017 at 4:42 pm |

Virtue signaling is actually a vacuous endeavor. Rational people instinctively know it for what it is – Oh and it’s a turn off, too.

7. Fawkes News (Moar Cowbell)
    Posted February 16, 2017 at 5:06 pm |

I dunno… the local Starbucks appeared to be open…

8. Nomen Nescio
    Posted February 16, 2017 at 6:44 pm |

Dear Comfort Suites,
    Tomorrow will be the first day of National Year Without Guests. Sorry for any inconvenience.

9. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted February 16, 2017 at 7:11 pm |

Dear “Comfort” Inn,

I am NOT a “guest”. I am a “paying customer” — yanno, the basis of your business.

And, now that I know you cave to the silly ‘political’ whims of your room cleaners, I won’t be back.

Get a grip,
    Former Customer.

so… Svetlana?
    does that mean her “immigrants” are illegal Rooskis?

10. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted February 16, 2017 at 7:15 pm |

National Year Without Guests
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!

11. JimB
    Posted February 17, 2017 at 10:56 am |

Did they all get docked a days pay???

12. OldFert
    Posted February 17, 2017 at 1:17 pm |

@JimB (11) Or better yet, fired?

I’d be sorely tempted to call Migra with a tip. Should be some around Austin, somewhere.

The bag’o'crap on the door handle ain’t a proper substitute for what I’m paying for. Comp the room. And good bye.

13. Posted February 17, 2017 at 8:09 pm |

Need to hire some ’70s rock stars, who know how to properly trash a room.

Jim
    Sunk New Dawn
    Galveston, TX

14. drew458
    Posted February 18, 2017 at 8:31 am |

Oh come on, those poor little South Of The Border types need their own ethnic day off too, just like that other group, but the SOBs have no singular icon to venerate since they’re from a whole bunch of different cultures shoveled under one generic heading in this country. So they do DWI instead.

When I worked in the corporate world, the company gave us a “diversity day” with pay. We could take any day we wanted for any cultural reason. I told the admin I was taking off Tuesday because it was Leif Erickson’s birthday. And she didn’t even bat an eye.