as opposed to a liberal literal bomb thrower

Not to mention the fact that the alt-left are going to crow about The Downfall of Milo and how they took down a bigoted racist white supremacist with their unhinged violence and oppression of “hate” speech when it was in fact rabid anti-homo religious conservatives who get the actual credit. Thanks, assholes, for taking away another of the few who are brave enough to face up to all of you.

I am officially a Libertarian.

1. Brad
    Posted February 22, 2017 at 11:10 pm |

I have a feeling Milo is going to land on his feet. OTOH that McMullin guy is in for a fall.

2. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted February 22, 2017 at 11:27 pm |

I have been extremely upset about the Milo thing.
    I’m still not over the death of Andrew Breitbart either…

3. bretzysdude
    Posted February 23, 2017 at 4:51 am |

Bill Ayers is projecting. He probably has screwed more teenage boys than Milo. Bernandine probably likes to watch too.

4. Blake
    Posted February 23, 2017 at 7:22 am |

@3. Read “Destructive Generation.” The author recounts group sex as a means to overcome bourgeois values.

Anyway, Ayers should know a bit about tossing bombs. He’s tossed both verbal and actual whereas Milo hasn’t really been particularly incendiary compared to what Ayers and Dohrn have said.

It’s not like Milo casually discussed the death of 25 million people as necessary should the revolution succeed.

5. drew458
    Posted February 23, 2017 at 1:17 pm |

I thought it was the pedo comments that got Milo in hot water. And if so, screw him. There is such a thing as a bridge too far.

And why do all these gayboys just HAVE to be “controversial” all the time? Reminds me of that South Park episode with Mr. Garrison and Mr. Slave, where everyone applauded their “bravery” for every kind of sicko shit they did.

6. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted February 23, 2017 at 3:11 pm |

^Milo didn’t DO anything and his in-your-face wasn’t about being gay.
    I’m going to assume that you, like a whole lot of other people never listened to him, only what was said about him or said about what he’s said.

7. Fawkes News (Moar Cowbell)
    Posted February 23, 2017 at 5:42 pm |

Sorry, Headmissy. With all due respect, I have to disagree. Milo was not our friend. He was an amoral, rabble-rousing opportunist; that his most vocal adversaries are at least as morally repugnant as he does not change anything.

In fact, I would not be surprised to see him follow in the footsteps of David Brock and become a prominent Leftist now.

At least the scramble to revise history on Snopes et al. would be amusing to watch.

8. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted February 23, 2017 at 7:54 pm |

I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It.

9. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted February 24, 2017 at 9:45 am |

Milo didnt make “pedo comments” per se. He was discussing his persepective on consent laws [which he said were "about right"] — from the perspective of a victim of child abuse. Then he made a survivor/dark humor quip.

That ought to have led to a discussion of age of consent laws [16 in the UK, 18 in the US, apparently 6 in the UAE...] in Civilized society, the effects on the individual of child abuse, the idiotic ‘consent’ laws proposed on college campii, the silly Swedish law wherein if a woman changes her mind the next morning that is lack of consent, the idea that women have no agency to decide after one sip of beer, etc…

Instead it led to a quick ‘n’ dirty round of “Burn The Witch!!!1!”

Kompromat.

and lack of Adults in the Room.

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted February 24, 2017 at 9:52 am |

If all our speakers need to be, as Ceasar’s wife, completely above reproach… we’re fukked.

I know it’s too late for *me* to quit making politically incorrect, funny-as-hell but over-the-line, or dark humor comments…

Free Speech demands the fortitude to stand up to the Response to Free Speech.

It also requires adult levels of self-control to respond to the issues spoken about and the intellectual clarity to distinguish the issues from the easy ill-fitting smears slapped on the statements made.

It’s a Big Ask, but I think we can do it.

11. Posted February 24, 2017 at 4:08 pm |

Milo was attacked for supposedly approving of pedophilia. I would note that as of this day, Milo has exposed three different pedophiles, which is three more than all of his critics and attackers have exposed all together.

Evan McMullin, who’s the string puller behind the Reagan Battalion who attacked Milo, makes statements that sound as if they were taken word for word from any Clinton twitter feed. Or Chuck the Schmuck Schumer’s for that matter.

If you look at actions instead of words, Milo has been pulling Yeoman’s duty by taking the fight to the Left, while McMullin and his backers did their level best to ensure that Hillary Clinton would have win the election.

I know who my allies are. I don’t like everything Milo does. I don’t like everything Milo says. But dammit, he’s been fighting the fascist Left for years now, while his critics have been trying to undermine the Right. I’d take 100 Milos before I would have one million McMullins on my side. With Milo, I have a chance to win. With McMullin and the NeverTrumpers, President Hillary would be shredding the constitution and making sure that I would never live in a free country again.