Oh, the huge MANatee (aka sea COW)

I suppose this counts as getting The Memo™

~ story ~

Notice anything funny about these… (waaait forrr iiit) eupheminisms™?
MANkind > huMANity
MANpower > huMAN resources
Polio victim > Polio survivor* (not sure what to call those who died, or why the distinction is necessary, unless victimhood is now reserved solely for gender-related political exploitation)

(What? Yeah, what’re they gonna do with the HIStory or any other academic departMENt? And what happens in Spanish class or with any other language that’s gender-driven? Geezus, this crusade is a self-licking ice-cream cone, if I’ve ever seen one!)

This clearly deserves some kind of award
and since it’s at a Wales university…
_______
* Reminds me of the old joke:
If a plane crashed right on the border, in which country do they bury the survivors?

1. Posted March 4, 2017 at 4:34 pm |

Come on man! What’s going on here? Oh wait, my bad.

2. DougM (easily entertained)
    Posted March 4, 2017 at 5:04 pm |

^ *heh*
    They’re trying to MANipulate us with this MANdate using behavior-MANagement techniques!
    No problem, though. When it warms up, I’ll escape by goin’ sWIMMIN’.

3. David
    Posted March 4, 2017 at 7:28 pm |

We’ve been eMANcipated.

Posted March 4, 2017 at 7:40 pm |

All that stuff will be zhestory, uh.. zhistory, man … oops… person.

5. accipiterNW
    Posted March 4, 2017 at 10:55 pm |

Best person for the job? Not fair to a robot up against the carbon-based ceiling.
    Server? Next time I get hit with a summons I am going to request extra bacon and cheese.
    Human Resources? See Center For Medical Progress tapes of Planned Parenthood selling baby parts.
    How about using the other “right”-hand man?
    And sportsmanship vs fairness? No contest. Sportsmanship, because there should be only one first prize and then players can act accordingly. Fairness is what happens when the coaches brought too many trophies.

6. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted March 4, 2017 at 10:57 pm |

a Housewife is waaaaaay more than just a consumer.
    …just sayin’

and Workmanlike is more than just efficient.

and since when is something huMAN-made not natural? are we not part of Nature?

and since when are they off-ended by Greek and Latin hybrid terms? I thot hybrids were Teh Hawt…

yep. sillybuggers.
    *someone* needs some meaningful work.
    maybe a nice vegetable patch…

7. Posted March 5, 2017 at 8:35 pm |

Oh, they’re doing this stuff all the time. I’m just not having it. I refuse to muddle things up by, say, calling illegal aliens “undocumented immigrants” – or to go along with any of their other idiocy.

8. DougM (easily entertained)
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 10:36 am |