ToDaZeD CA *facepalm*

you paid for it! Sukkah!

There I am, driving along I80 [the freeway going E/W thru Teh Sac [Sacramento CA - our state’s raggedy-arse capital] — enJOYing the green and the water everywhere. And I do mean everywhere — a rare and glorious sight in CA in recent years.

And what do I see? One of those giant light-up freeway signs that usually say things like “Route XX closed Take YY” or “20 minutes to Exit Blablabla”.

This one said:

Be Alert
Pedestrians
Don’t Have Armor

whaaa? This is a freeway. BIG freeway. Four to six lanes. Each way!! Whyinhell are there pedestrians here I gotta “Be Alert” for??!? Pedestrians ain’t allowed on the freeway! That ain’t even legal. Then the ever-wary Californian in me kicked in with, “…or is it? …now”

Hey — it’s perfectly within the realm of Kleptorfornia Noo-Reality that someone has made freeways The Official Domicile-Challenged Migration Corridors.

Except for the fact that it’s really difficult for a Proggie to say “no” to a Sikh backed by 20 Mexican illegals [ iow, the trucking industry ] I’d expect their next move to be banning all cars from the Official Domicile-Challenged Migration Corridors.

But, no. It’s an Official Kleptofornia Saaaafety Campaign — by Prosio ad agency — to tell people not to wander in front of moving cars.

Yep. with potholes everywhere, dams going un-maintained, levees eroding and things generally “returning to nature”, these morons in The Sac spend actual money on a dopey ad campaign to tell people to pay attention when on the street.

Darwin weeps giggles.

1. Blake
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 8:14 am |

Claire, where I live, some homeless person(s) made a camp in the bushes in the median of a freeway.

But yeah, even though I’m well south of Sacramento, I got the same message to read as I was driving home.

Our tax dollars at work: A bunch of signs spread throughout CA that will all put out the same message. Probably run from the same control center.

Posted March 5, 2017 at 9:40 am |

Yannow, methinks the signs should have been directed to pedestrians in the cities – something like “That car is way bigger and faster than you. You will lose.” But that’s not as stupid as the actuality, so the current situation prevails.
    BTW, doesn’t this cut into the fish dip rescue budget for the Delta Smelt along the Feather River?

In any case, don’t worry. The slip-and-fall ambulance chasing lawyer lobby will have it stopped.

3. George Tirebiter
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 10:03 am |

Here in Silicon Valley, 680 fwy signs are also displaying the same message since Friday.

4. DougM (easily entertained)
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 12:09 pm |

But bicyclists are still fair game, though, right?

New warning sign at RR crossings:
    You have more armor than pedestrians, and trains have more than you.

When teaching nautical rules of the road to new sailors, I’ve always emphasized the unwritten “rule of gross tonnage”
    (i.e. yeah, technically you may have the right of way,
    but don’t be a dang fool about it).

5. Another Bob
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 4:10 pm |

Maybe the critters in Sacramento want to protect the demonstrators who keep marching into traffic to protest Trump, immigration reform, and the American way.

6. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted March 5, 2017 at 5:28 pm |

Proggies are always saying how they love Nature.

So why don’t they just let Nature run its course?

7. DougM (easily entertained)
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 10:33 am |

One word:
    cowcatchers

Posted March 6, 2017 at 3:47 pm |

^cowcatchers???
    So your saying Rosie O’Donnell, Babra Streisand or some of the girls from The View were seen on the highway.

9. DougM (easily entertained)
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 4:24 pm |

^ For that I would’a mentioned MOOve-on.org, too

10. accipiterNW
    Posted March 6, 2017 at 7:34 pm |

Pedestrians don’t need no stinkin’ armor! But bike riders do…. for the bike jousting contests, of course.

11. Posted March 7, 2017 at 9:17 am |

Memo to the California DOT: The only thing “armor” would do is keep all the guts and gore inside said armor – nothing more. I guess it could make the clean-up a little less messy.