Again I Say…

Department of Redundancy Department

aaaand yet another try from the CA Legisthieves to dump the idea that the .gov can dictate what time it is and then change it around for no good reason twice a year.

Here’s the sensible, ProggieLogyk™ argument for keeping the changes:

“Let’s just not ignore the fact that people are happy when it’s light out longer,” said Jessica Levinson, a Loyola law professor… “Why would the dead hand of the government come in and tell us there should be more darkness?”

Yes, cuz moving the hands on a clock governs how long the sun is up.

1. Blake
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 12:29 pm |

I, for one, would be perfectly happy to dump daylight savings time. Set the effn clocks and be done with it.

I did not miss resetting my clock when I lived in AZ.

I think daylight savings time is anachronistic and should be done away with. But, let the states decide.

2. accipiterNW
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 12:54 pm |

Well using that lojick, I condemn having an extra hour light for the damage it contributes to the earth and atmosphere! All that extra heat contributes to climate warminess. In fact we should now consider all light to be nothing more than a pollutant!

On a more serious note, the “Saving Time” has become longer than the Standard. Dial it back at least, please.

3. OldFert
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 2:03 pm |

I don’t get up early very often anymore, so longer daylight in the late afternoon, early evening is just fine with me.

I’d be just as happy with year-round DST.

Posted March 12, 2017 at 2:51 pm |

moving the hands on a clock governs how long the sun is up.
    Of course! That’s scientific consensus, if you’re the type who believes we puny humans cause ‘climate change’ more than the sun.

5. DougM (easily entertained)
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 3:32 pm |

“Time is what you measure with a clock” — Einstein
    “Dayright saving time isss crock” — Ikki Kita

6. Posted March 12, 2017 at 3:39 pm |

The worst part about it in AZ is Sprint changes the time on my phone. It takes most of a day to get right.

7. Posted March 12, 2017 at 6:17 pm |

Well, you know, holding back the tide by Decree worked out so well for ol’ Kanute.

Seriously though? Split the times by 1/2 hour, and throw away the key.

Jim
    Sunk New Dawn
    Galveston, TX

8. Dave
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 6:28 pm |

Dump it. Please

9. DougM (easily entertained)
    Posted March 12, 2017 at 7:07 pm |

Y’know…
    if DST had some actual advantage,
    I’ll bet that one hour is not the optimum change.
    Mebbe it’s like 30-min or somesuch,
    and mebbe the extra 30-min ruins all the advantages or sumpthin’.

Hey, if they want to keep the economy brisk (broken-window theory),
    they should change over on different days each year,
    so that everybody has to buy new smart clocks.
    Perhaps they could determine the date each year by consulting an, oh, I dunno…
    like a groundhog or sumpthin’.

10. Jess
    Posted March 13, 2017 at 3:35 am |

Every time the clocks are reset, I realize the nationwide stupidity, and the government allowed to foolishness that knows no bounds.

I hate daylight savings time!

11. TN Volunteer
    Posted March 13, 2017 at 7:10 am |

….Time is a human invention, so we must mess with it!

12. Paul Moore
    Posted March 13, 2017 at 10:54 pm |

When is daylight SPENDING time?