dammit!!!!

Being in the way of an agonized acknowledgment of Doug Powers’ connection I wish I’d'a made

I am not saying, “Do not enforce the federal law.” I am saying, “Please don’t do so at, or in, California state courthouses.” [story]

~ vid ~

1. Blake
    Posted March 29, 2017 at 5:16 pm |

County Sheriffs are ultimately responsible for enforcing laws in their counties. They are the top cop and therefore should be enforcing the law by arresting these politicians who are subverting the rule of law.

Yeah, like that will ever happen.

2. Blake
    Posted March 29, 2017 at 5:17 pm |

Meanwhile, I’m listening to a brilliant worship song by Hillsong Chapel, “Beautiful Exchange,” which is what I need these days. Helps to keep my frustration level at manageable levels.

Posted March 29, 2017 at 5:49 pm |

Mz. Judge is trying to have her cake and eat it too, just like all these sheriffs and mayors bitching about ICE and illegals. The local sheriff has the supreme law enforcement authority in his/her county, but…
    if he/she won’t enforce the law, then there are, or should be, consequences from the next higher authority.
    Shutting off Fed funds works for me.

^Blake – I just finished my income taxes, and listened to this old spiritual for refreshment.
    I’ve seen these guys live, and IMHO, they’re the best small chorus anywhere. Blend, balance, enunciation, coordination, range – just phenomenal.

4. Jess
    Posted March 30, 2017 at 3:12 am |

The first arrest will be of an ignorant, low paying bureaucrat; not really understanding the ramifications of ignoring Federal law.

After that, the officials will gnash their teeth, wring their hands, and start the pissing and moaning, which will last until somebody throws a brick through the front window of every television station in the United States.

Meanwhile, the ignorant bureaucrat – who was told such things would never happen – will find the 60 months of probation, and the $5000 fine are two things that put a crimp in their retirement

5. Blake
    Posted March 30, 2017 at 7:24 am |

^^Thanks. I’m working to increase me library of worship songs. It’s tough to find good stuff.

6. Posted March 30, 2017 at 7:26 am |

Liberal Democrats have huge Cohunes and the MSM to watch their backs. Republicans have female genitalia and lucrative political careers to protect.

7. DougM (flawed)
    Posted March 30, 2017 at 9:39 am |

^^ Try Gregorian chants. YouTube has hours and hours of them.
    I don’t understand Latin, so I find them very soothing and relaxing.
    Same with Celtic music.
    Something about syncing-up with a fundamental part of the brain.

Now, a good ol’ spiritual sung by an appropriately enthusiastic Souther Baptist choir will get even this ol’ small-a atheist up an’ clapping. Kind’a like acoustic alcohol.

Posted March 30, 2017 at 1:21 pm |

^ I miss singing Gregorian, Baroque, and similar music back in the last century.

It’s hard to find a good choir to be a part of these days.

Posted March 30, 2017 at 1:57 pm |

^mech – If you can sing, you are blessed. While I have a good ear, I can’t carry a tune in a bucket. If there is reincarnation, I want to come back as a world class baritone or tenor that can sing and make people cheer or well up inside with the beauty of my voice – maybe like a a Hampson or a Pavarotti.

10. Blake
    Posted March 30, 2017 at 4:01 pm |

^At least they let you have a basket.

Yeah, it would be outstanding to have one of those butter smooth voices.

Instead, well, quite the opposite.