Comey toast

Do what you know how to do

President Donald Trump abruptly fired FBI Director James Comey Tuesday, saying it was necessary to restore “public trust and confidence” in the nation’s top law enforcement agency following several tumultuous months.

The White House said the search for a new FBI director was beginning immediately. [story]

No surprise.
The question is his replacement.
Who ya got?

*bwahahahaha*

~ vid ~

Also, this.

1. larryw
    Posted May 9, 2017 at 3:42 pm |

Dude named David Clark. Sheriff Clark.

2. Drew458
    Posted May 9, 2017 at 3:54 pm |

Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Then watch Obongo and the Hilldabeast take off for the South Seas forever.

3. TN Volunteer
    Posted May 9, 2017 at 4:15 pm |

…the Sheriff of NYC: Rudy Giuliani!

4. Posted May 9, 2017 at 4:46 pm |

I must say with all sincerity, the former FBI Director, Comey has on more than one occasion given me pause by his words and actions. In other words, I did not trust him to lead the FBI in an objective and non-partisan manner.

5. Dave
    Posted May 9, 2017 at 5:21 pm |

Donald Trump firing James Comey means that the FBI is without a head. Donald Trump will get to appoint the new head of the FBI. In the meantime, the FBI is going to be led by Andrew McCabe. Who is McCabe? He is the husband of a Democrat candidate who was supported by Terry McAuliffe and the Democrats.

That’s right. The left, claiming Donald Trump fired Comey to stop an investigation about Russia, just handed the FBI over to a man whose wife ran for office as a Democrat and saw her campaign funded by Terry McAuliffe and other friends of Hillary Clinton.

6. Joe Bandmember ≠ ® "damn right I'm not equal to that" ™
    Posted May 9, 2017 at 8:18 pm |

Another vote for Sheriff Clark.

7. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted May 9, 2017 at 9:11 pm |

I read on another blog a comment by someone who lives in Clark’s hometown – says he’s telegenic, but an incompetent who is roundly despised by his own troops.

Not much of a recommendation.

8. Posted May 9, 2017 at 9:16 pm |

TN Vol, that’s my hope too.
    Watching the NY Times freak out over Benito Giuliani would be hilarious.
    Not sure who’s a good choice, but since I figure they’re all bad let’s tick off the Times.

9. OldFert
    Posted May 9, 2017 at 10:15 pm |

Rudy would be fun, but I don’t think he’d take the pay cut.

10. Posted May 10, 2017 at 2:15 pm |

FBI Director replacement?

I was going to suggest Lavoy Finicum but the FBI shot him dead in cold blood in an Oregon snow bank.

11. Posted May 10, 2017 at 4:45 pm |

Nope. I live here. You don’t. And you don’t know squat.

12. Fat Baxter
    Posted May 10, 2017 at 8:20 pm |

Sheriff Clark has been, well, just a sheriff. No experience in federal law enforcement.

Rudy is too old. So is Arpaio. Both in their 80s.

What’s Chuck Norris doing nowadays?

Someone on another blog noted that recently, the trend has been to appoint lawyers (esp. former prosecutors) to that position. He suggested they instead find someone with a solid background in law enforcement (i.e., a real cop).

13. Posted May 11, 2017 at 4:12 am |

^11

Thanks for setting me straight Max and you’re right I don’t live there.

But feel to free, yourself, to make observations about Al Franken, Somali Muslim immigrants, Keith Ellison, etc even though you don’t live in Minnesota as I do.

I guess I better rethink my thoughts about Stalin and Mao – it just dawned on my I don’t live in Russia or China either. And 9/11….man, i was half a country a way that day….

14. Fawkes News (So Tired Of All The Winning)
    Posted May 11, 2017 at 9:11 am |

Merrick Garland.

15. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted May 11, 2017 at 9:15 am |

^ That would be awesome:)

16. DougM (flawed)
    Posted May 11, 2017 at 11:10 am |

Fawkes ^^
    *heheee*
    Here’s a good explanatory link.

17. Posted May 11, 2017 at 11:33 am |

I wanna change my pick to Steve Bannon.
    After that video update I figure Trump just wants to drive the Dems and their media arm frothingly mad.

But I do wonder about the lap dogs that didn’t yap.
    Did McCain or Little Lord Graham chime in?

Strange doings.