Physics!

and genetics*
Ahhh, the sciences
USA! UAS! USA!

…and better arms than Michelle’s

An African-American nuclear chemist from Washington, DC, won the 2017 edition of Miss USA on Sunday night after telling the audience about her conservative political viewpoints.

Kára McCullough, a 25-year-old nuclear chemist who works for the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, told the audience how she doesn’t necessarily view herself as a feminist and said that health care is a privilege and not a right. [story with lots of pics of pretty wimmin]

But wait… there’s more!

She also won plaudits for wearing her hair natural and curly throughout the competition.

I hope this contest is in some kind’a rut:

This was the second year in a row that the representative of the nation’s capital won the Miss USA title. Last year, District of Columbia resident Deshauna Barber became the first-ever military member to win Miss USA.

There aren’t any pictures from the hijab phase of the competition, if there was one.

(What? Yeah, looove the leopard-trimmed paisley outfit in Detroit Lions colors. Tres chic non-PC ethnic.**)
__________
* It may just be a straight-guy’s bias, but I’m pretty sure we’re talkin’ XX chromosomes,
and the rest of ‘er genes appear to be pretty-much first-rate in 21stC terms.
** Just to assure y’all that I’m still a pig and can look beyond the lady’s intellectual accomplishments.
However, it’s not something that I, personally, would wear. Well, maybe in a smoking jacket.

1. Posted May 15, 2017 at 1:44 pm |

I don’t read articles from certain websites because I won’t give them a click, but on said websites, in referencing this lovely young lady, I saw words like backlash and controversial. From that alone I deduced that the young lady was NOT a whackjob leftist simpleton – Bingo!

2. Posted May 15, 2017 at 5:20 pm |

How can you compare the two?
    She’s not half the woman Michele Obama is!
    Well, except her butt, that’s 1/3 the size of Michele’s.

She’s twice the man Barack is too.

3. TheOldMan
    Posted May 15, 2017 at 9:25 pm |

Just a nit, unless she was born in some country on the African continent, she is an American, not an AA. Yes, I know, it’s a pet peeve of mine.

4. MikeG
    Posted May 16, 2017 at 5:44 am |

Lovely. Looks like she could do with a few more sammiches though. A bit thin for my taste. If we are still using beauty as a measuring stick in beauty contests anyway.

5. Blake
    Posted May 16, 2017 at 7:16 am |

^Yeah, I prefer a few more curves.

Anyway, nuclear chemist and conservative? Move over Dr. Carson, you have some competition.

6. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted May 16, 2017 at 7:29 am |

So was gonna ask when she’d walk it back and lo and behold….

7. jlw
    Posted May 16, 2017 at 9:43 am |

^^^
    i was going to post the walk back, too, but you beat me to it.

also, she isn’t a nuclear chemist. she has a B.S. in chemistry with interest in radiochemistry. impressive, yes, but not nuclear chemistry. i don’t believe the error is her’s, but belongs to the journalist.

8. Posted May 16, 2017 at 11:35 am |

It takes a lot of bravery to stand up to our fine, tolerant, caring, mostly-peaceful leftist media.