Intent, Trend or Atmosphere?

Cultural Ch-Ch-Change

Warning: NSFW
Yes, ToDaZeD Nooz is NSFW.
just sayin…

WTF *cough* is happening here?

Late Wed nite, Anthony Scaramucci called a New Yorker writer to ask who leaked a story to him. Among other things he said:

“They’ll all be fired by me,” [Scaramucci] said. “I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you. Reince Priebus—if you want to leak something—he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.” The issue, he said, was that he believed Priebus had been worried about the dinner because he hadn’t been invited. “Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ”

Da Mooch™ asked the reporter:

“You’re an American citizen, this is a major catastrophe for the American country. So I’m asking you as an American patriot to give me a sense of who leaked it.

The reporter declined. Then Da Mooch™ threatened “I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you.”

Not sure why that would give a reporter much motivation to reveal his sources, but…

Da Mooch™ went on…

“What I want to do is I want to fucking kill all the leakers and I want to get the President’s agenda on track so we can succeed for the American people,”

… “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,”… “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.”

… “O.K., the Mooch showed up a week ago,” he said. “This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys. I’ve got digital fingerprints on everything they’ve done through the F.B.I. and the fucking Department of Justice.”

… “Yeah, let me go, though, because I’ve gotta start tweeting some shit to make this guy crazy.”

Scaramucci, who initiated the call, did not ask for the conversation to be off the record or on background.

Pro Level :: Total

[tho listening to the Nooozies bend themselves mobius trying to not quote the quote about Bannon... hilarious. and horrifying.]

Not to say the same dang thing wouldn’t be going on in a H< administration [*shudder*] but perhaps [?] not so publicly. This is, at least, change.

One thing I remind myself: when ya drain a swamp, it will stink.

1. Blue Max
    Posted July 28, 2017 at 7:53 am |

As a historian, I am not so naive to think that the Oval Office has been occupied by a succession of Mother Teresas.

However, presidents and their staffs have tried to maintain a level of public dignity as befitting the highest office in the land.

I was always impressed that Reagan never wore jeans in the Oval Office. Clinton, sadly, made it a playground. But Bush et al appeared to restore the dignity of the office, and even Obama, despite all of his many dumb decisions as prez, seemed to have some standard of dignity about the Oval Office (although I have heard quite often how Rahm Emmanuel sounded like Scaramucci).

Now, between the Tweet Machine Prez and his Scary Moocher, all sense of propriety are gone. (BTW, I don’t expect her Royal Highness Hillary and her fawning court would have been better behaved than Bill was.)

How sad to see our country become the butt of jokes because someone thinks that he can rule 144 characters at a time and he has now hired a guy who has no sense of where he works, nor the dignity that the White House should manifest.

2. Blue Max
    Posted July 28, 2017 at 8:38 am |

If the Tweet Machine can’t work with McMaster and Mattis, two gentlemen I greatly respect, then the situation is hopeless.

See:

(Not the only place I have been hearing this.)

3. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted July 28, 2017 at 10:50 am |

The hatchet man cometh.
    Or, perhaps, he’s walking around the table with just a baseball bat.

I suspect this was in response to the DNC’s recent foray into foul language and the Enemies-of-T using rather violent and coup-hinting language. This is a very dangerous trend.

Now that a Trumpman has gone down that road, the press is free to whine and moan about the nature of the language.
    (A (D) shooting an (R ) congressman didn’t change the language rules for more than a few hours, but shooting a (D) would have.)

This is the part where T publicly reigns-in Scaramuccia and brings things back to a semblance of dignity.

T’s goal will be to go all presidential on his ass in public and to do a locker room pat on the ass in private.

Examples must be made pour encourager les autres.

It’ll be interesting to see how this was scripted without showing weakness or crippling the position.

(What? Of course it’s BS. “I’m not that clever.” — Virgil Sollozzo)

UPDATE: Yeah, righhht…

4. Posted July 28, 2017 at 11:40 am |

I’m not impressed with the crude language, and I think you could say he’s a leaker. Teddy Roosevelt said, Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. Teddy’s been gone going on one-hundred years, and he’s still one of America’s most famous citizens. His face is on Mt. Rushmore. Maybe Tony should read up on him – for guidance.

5. Nomen Nescio
    Posted July 28, 2017 at 1:18 pm |

^ Teddy Roosevelt was a C¡$&€¤|^% M¤\±÷%$¤€¿¤ and a D£¥£&¡_`~[.

6. Posted July 28, 2017 at 2:12 pm |

^ I considered that response when I mentioned him :)

7. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted July 28, 2017 at 3:14 pm |

Now, hold on…
    there’s some good news for Da Mooch, for a change.

Posted July 28, 2017 at 3:26 pm |

More good news – Rice Penis resigned as WH Chief of Staff.
    I’ve suspected he, being a long time RINO and Establishment insider, was a source of leaks. I was surprised when Trump, an anti-Establishment guy, picked him for CoS, but then reasoned that Trump may have seen him as useful to have for an inside lane or guide to Establishment workings. Nothing changed for the better; the Establishment has done its utmost to stymie Trump, so bye-bye Rinsie.
    We’ll see.

9. Posted July 28, 2017 at 4:20 pm |

^^ Doug
    To quote the great Henny Youngman, “Take my wife … please”.

10. Dave
    Posted July 28, 2017 at 8:06 pm |

This is a complete clown show. The Republicans should impeach him.
    Donald Trump should be banned from everything including managing a McDonald’s.

11. ST
    Posted July 28, 2017 at 8:11 pm |

Spread the word – Democrats CELEBRATE Americans suffering under Obamacare

ps. would you consider adding CC to your blogroll?

12. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted July 29, 2017 at 10:32 am |

Here’s an interesting take on Sessions.
    The Priebus move was clearly necessary;
    but it may have also served as a head fake for moving Sessions over to DHS,
    freeing-up the DOJ job for someone who’s all out’a bubblegum.

(What? Yeah, I’m trying hard to hang onto that benefit-of-the-doubt thing.)

13. Blake
    Posted July 29, 2017 at 12:29 pm |

Priebus was canned because he couldn’t get the GOPe to work with the White House.

I think Priebus was brought on board with the idea it would mollify the GOPe and persuade the GOPe congress to work with the White House.

It didn’t happen and thus ended the usefulness of Priebus.

Posted July 29, 2017 at 12:30 pm |

Sessions can’t fire Mueller – he’s recused himself, but a new AG could say “Mr. Mueller, there is no crime alleged here, and no evidence of collusion has been found.
    Former Director Comey stated emphatically that the President was not being investigated, and with no scope defined, you can only be on a fishing expedition. Sorry to say, your fishing boat ran out of gas. You’re fired, along with all the Clintonistas and Uhbamunists you hired.”

Then the new AG can investigate actual crimes; e.g., play for pay, election fraud, gun running, accessory to murder, conspiracy, obstruction of justice, money laundering, violations of the Espionage Act, contempt of Congress, just for starters, committed by H. Clinton, W. J. Clinton, L. Lynch. E. Holder, S. Rice, J. Podesta, and D. Wassermann-Schultz, among others.
    He might even be able to make a case for a RICO prosecution against some of them whose initials are “Clinton”.

15. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted July 29, 2017 at 1:09 pm |

^ You mean when the new Attorney General, Ted Cruz, appoints Rudy Giuliani to be the Special Prosecutor?

16. Nomen Nescio
    Posted July 29, 2017 at 1:58 pm |

Lawyers!
    *spits. Wipes shoe on the back of pants leg. Turns head and spits again. *

Posted July 29, 2017 at 5:50 pm |

^^ Doug – Yeah, Giuliani or maybe Vlad The Impaler, something like that.

18. Posted July 30, 2017 at 8:56 pm |

Nice article thanks for sharing with us.

Posted July 31, 2017 at 5:18 pm |

Well, draining the swamp was never going to be a “just add water” type of operation. My expectation of this administration was of an icebreaker plowing through the gridlock and unmooring all sides.

The demolition before the final remodel is not pretty but can be entertaining.

How many squirrels can you see in this quarter?
    Yeah^ multiple head fakes, too.

Another metaphor: can’t let the debris all flow to the drain at the same time, that would clog it all up. We need a steady flow to keep things moving.