f(n•a)

An ass. professor

A Vanderbilt University [nutty] professor argues that the field of mathematics is too “masculinized,” which hurts women’s ability to compete in the field against men.

Mathematics has been documented as a power-laden and masculinized academic domain,” Professor Luis A. Leyva, Assistant Professor [designated propagandist] of Mathematics Education [brainwashing] at Vanderbilt University wrote in a research paper titled “Unpacking the Male Superiority Myth and Masculinization of Mathematics at the Intersections*.

So the real problem? That society has yet to realize that gender is simply a social construct.
[i.e he knows squat about genetics or even basic biology — the XX/XY thing, for one]
Once society progresses into an era of social justice enlightenment, female achievement in the field of mathematics should… [yadayadayada]

Vive La Différence!

Next week: wokey physics

Here’s an interesting item indicating, perhaps, that some of the engineers are revolting.
_______________
* intersectionalism — bigotry against straight white males
Cultural ref 1
Cultural ref 2

1. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted August 7, 2017 at 11:29 am |

Diversity :: less white people

Intersectionalism :: where stupid meets absurd

o’course any [insert particulars here] who goes along with this level of Raaaacism™ against himself likely deserves to be culled by evolution…

Posted August 7, 2017 at 12:48 pm |

*Mumbles something about that guy who mentioned “Content of their character” and thought it would be all the rage in the future. My how far we have fallen*

~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    And I need to pay attention to links so I don’t go to another huffnstuff stain. there have to be other reputable sources for the same story.

3. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted August 7, 2017 at 1:19 pm |

^ I hear ya on the Huffnpuff thing;
    but when they do a reasonably straight report, I’ll give ‘em a link.
    (to encourage more)

4. Nomen Nescio
    Posted August 7, 2017 at 3:20 pm |

^ rest assured, the Google has seen you!

5. Dave
    Posted August 7, 2017 at 3:22 pm |

And it appears that Bruce Jenner has “residual white privilege”

This stuff is so absurd they can’t possibly believe the words they themselves are saying.

6. Nomen Nescio
    Posted August 7, 2017 at 3:29 pm |

Q: why aren’t there many transgender people in the digital electronics field?
    A: binary.

7. Nomen Nescio
    Posted August 7, 2017 at 3:30 pm |

And yes, I am into the whiskey tonight. Thank you for asking.

8. Posted August 7, 2017 at 6:10 pm |

I can already see the course offering and description.

Demasculinized Mathematic, Classes beginning this fall. For beginner, intermediate or advanced. Course code 729-1111

Prerequsite required: 3 credits in Male Emasculization.

Love image of Jerry Lewis and the Nutty Prof. My gosh, haven’t thought about that movie in a long time. Nice choice,

Posted August 7, 2017 at 8:54 pm |

…into an era of social justice enlightenment, female achievement in the field of mathematics should soar,
    Yeah, shoulda coulda woulda again.
    I don’t suppose the nutty perfesser has ever observed birds, bees, or any animals on Nat Geo who just do what biology equips them to do.
    The queen bee is big and has male slaves, the female black widow spider and the female praying mantis kill their male mates. I’d like to see Mr. Social Justice Warrior fix that.
    I guess that doesn’t count in his calculus, but you’d think a math perfesser would have a passing acquaintance with normal distributions and where their means lie.

In a given moment, I’m sure a woman could be the best mathematician alive, but there apparently are a lot more good male mathematicians extant in that same moment as female mathematicians. Enny ful who has passed some time in a bar or the Greyhound bus station knows men have penchants for some things and women for others, on average. When I was a kid, I played with toy cars, my sister with dolls, and I never played with dolls, and nobody told me I couldn’t. I just had no interest.
    In the face of China making four times as many engineers as we do every year, the last thing we need is some social engineering/affirmative action quotas in STEM fields.
    Masculinizing bright women isn’t going to do our declining birth rate any good either. All the social engineering in Progs’ dreams won’t make a man give birth.

10. rickn8or
    Posted August 8, 2017 at 6:42 am |

Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words:

11. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted August 8, 2017 at 10:54 am |

Nomen Nescio @6 [and hiz whiskey @7] – 10+++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted August 8, 2017 at 6:21 pm |

rickn8or^^
    Here’s another one along that line.

13. Blake
    Posted August 9, 2017 at 5:55 am |

Of course the engineers are revolting. Have you seen the way they dress?