Weekend advice: stay on your meds

Especially when you’re a tweeting twit, to wit

~ source ~

Of course, if she was just referring to the retired generals in the executive branch, then it would only be a civilian coup.
Yeah, advocating that kind of thing would be much less icky.
Much less… uhm… icky.

(What? Nah, this doesn’t call for the full twenty years. Tar & feathers would work for me.)
__________
Cultural ref 1
Cultural ref 2

_________
Cultural ref (Row 8, Plot 30)

Be careful what you ask for, Chelsea
(see: Turkey)

Almost forgot about Brennan, last month.
Difference is, I didn’t think he was funny.
Yeah, it gets worse.

1. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted August 11, 2017 at 11:08 pm |

Previously

2. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted August 12, 2017 at 9:47 am |

Also, previously…

What’s happening in the state of Missouri is scary and unacceptable. If we don’t speak up, this whole country could become a military state.

3. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted August 12, 2017 at 10:04 am |

^ I’ll do the tar, you can do the feathers.
    Oh, wait… with my back, mebbe it should be th’other way ’round.

4. Posted August 12, 2017 at 10:55 am |

It’s my understanding that military juntas don’t take too kindly to whack-job leftist hollywood types, chelsea – beware.

5. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted August 12, 2017 at 11:27 am |

^ There are also a considerable number of experienced vets who would be all too willing and able to take out a traitor general, and most generals know that. (see also: oaths)

How do you think their names would appear in history, Chelsea?

6. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted August 12, 2017 at 11:45 am |

Doug, I’ll do the eyedrops.

7. JimB
    Posted August 12, 2017 at 2:44 pm |

The fools that call for stuff like this should go to Venezuela and see what it’s really like. You’ll come back really liking the USA

8. Posted August 12, 2017 at 4:23 pm |

I will say I almost agree with her.
    If the coup by career bureaucrats and career pols we’re watching works I’d be for a counter coup by generals.

Call it the Ataturk Option where the generals seize the levers of gov’t back from unelected theocrats trying to impose their religious beliefs on our country.

9. Nomen Nescio
    Posted August 12, 2017 at 4:25 pm |

Sorry for the OT,
    I’m watching coverage of the Charlottesville, troubles, and I’m wondering, who thought it’d be a good idea to allow two opposing groups of idiotic activists to occupy the same space and time? I mean, did none, one of, or both groups have permits to protest there, at that time? Did officials do anything to prevent the two colliding?
    I personally despise both groups involved but I think maybe despise isn’t strong enough to describe how I feel about whoever allowed this clash to happen, and hold them responsible for all that followed.

10. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted August 12, 2017 at 4:44 pm |

Missy ^6
    Ahh, goin’ full-Kubrick on ‘er, eh?

Posted August 14, 2017 at 9:23 am |

It was quite surreal to catch up on twitter crap bout Charlottesville while watching 1984 on the tv.

12. DougM (flawed chap)