neo-spittle vs anarcho-spittle

But it’s still spit-vs-spit

Some think that chaos is a ladder.
The key to survival is knowing who think that chaos is a ladder.

Iowahawk’s strategy:
Phase-I: Identify the problem
Phase-II: Propose a solution and give everyone an opportunity to help
Phase-III: Peace
Historical perspective

I think of them as the spitting image of each other

Stoo: “What I saw was National Socialists v. International Socialists. Made me think of a really poorly executed LARP of the eastern front.” *snick* I suggest that it also had a Pythonesque quality.

As I said… interchangeable.

1. Fat Baxter
    Posted August 13, 2017 at 11:56 am |

Someone please explain to me how the Charlottesville city government removing the statue of Robert E. Lee is any different than the Taliban destroying the Bamiyan Buddha statues.

Both involve a group currently in power, obsessed with removing symbols of history that they find objectionable.

2. The Invisible Hand
    Posted August 13, 2017 at 1:18 pm |

Good question, kind sir. Who started fighting sort of important, eh?

F ethnic “thinkers” where it hurts, but…

3. Buzz
    Posted August 13, 2017 at 8:45 pm |

I’m confused about what started the violence.
    Did the hate-spewing tiki torchers start attacking people or did the just-as-hate-filled antifa kooks show up with the intention of inciting violence?

All the condemnation demands. Just for being hatemongers, or did they ratchet things up with violence? (Other than the moron in the car plowing through the crowd.)

4. stoo
    Posted August 13, 2017 at 8:48 pm |

5. Posted August 14, 2017 at 3:45 am |

^4 stoo – good one

What I saw was a group of people who got picked last for kickball in elementary school and who’ve spent a lifetime angry about that versus a group of people who got picked second to last for kickball in elementary school (see above)

6. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted August 14, 2017 at 8:11 am |

Chaos is a ladder…

First thing outta JArgh’s mouth when he heard.

7. neal
    Posted August 14, 2017 at 2:03 pm |

Back in the day, one could break up a dog fight with a garden hose.

Something like this, I would stage pumper trucks and keep an AT-102 with a full 800 gallon drop on standby.

With extra orange. Water pressure beats rock paper scissors last time I looked.

8. Nomen Nescio
    Posted August 14, 2017 at 2:31 pm |

7^ if they took your advice, would Time Magazine photoshop their cover photo to add a little color, for nostalgia purposes?

Posted August 14, 2017 at 7:21 pm |

I’ve been smelling false flag attempts for some years now, where the instigators hoped a member of the Tea Party and other similar groups would lose control, enabling the Progs to justify treating all America-as-founded loving folks as suspect, tarring them with the same brush and justify depriving them of rights and property under the cloak of law.
    It’s getting tougher and tougher for decent people who actually believe in our country’s founding and the law to restrain themselves in the face of the hate and anarchy the Uhbamunists act out more and more often.

Buraq is gone, but people like the Prog mayors of most American cities, especially university cities and black-run cities, carry on his mission by refusing to act on criminal behavior by the anarchists who commit assaults, damage property and bar law-abiding citizens rights of access and passage, and by declaring their jurisdictions sanctuaries from state and federal law.
    Buraq, a miserable excuse for a human being, made it a point to encourage that sort of behavior while pretending to disapprove. I lay the blame for the current crop of anti-American trash right on Buraq, and the American-hating rabble rousers who are riding his coattails.

Damn both the Charlottesville mayor, self-described Democrat activist Michael Signer, and Governor Terry McAwful of Virginia, for allowing those opposing demonstrators to get so close to one another.
    I guarandamtee you both of those turds are secretly delighted that tragedy happened, because they can blame a so-called
    right winger and wash their hands of enabling the confrontation.

10. Buzz
    Posted August 14, 2017 at 8:09 pm |

Hence, the reason for my inquiry, dick.

It seems to me, we could have ignored the tiki weenies and let them fizzle quietly, with a minimum of desired attention.
    Letting the violence-prone antifa mob directly on the scene seemed an intentional escalation on the part of someone in government…

Posted August 15, 2017 at 5:49 am |

^Buzz
    I believe you are right. It’s more crap from that evil Alinsky’s book.

12. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted August 15, 2017 at 9:14 am |

dick & Buzz ^9-11
    I think you are correct, sirs;
    but I didn’t want to take that route in the post until the facts were in.

In my courtroom,
    Soros goes to prison for aiding and abetting a riot involving a fatality.
    The mayor goes to prison for purposeful negligence resulting in a death.
    The governor? Well, he would already have been in prison for other stuff.

(What? Yeah, that’s another reason why I’m not a lawyer.)