ToDaZeD CA *facepalm*

going national edition
bit in their teeth, no stopping them now

There’s a group called Patriot Prayer who has a permit for a rally on Crissy Field in San FranFreakshow. They are meeting with some resistance.

Remember the ol’ Proggie/Lefty trope about nuance? Fuggeddaboudit.

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi is asking the National Park Service to reconsidered allowing an alt-right white supremacist rally to happened at San Francisco’s Crissy Field.

“San Francisco takes great pride in being a city of peace which cherishes free speech and the right to public dissent. However, the National Park Service’s decision to permit a white supremacist rally at Crissy Field raises grave and ongoing concerns about public safety.

“I am deeply alarmed by the hateful and dangerous nature of the event, its timing so soon after the horrors in Charlottesville, and the serious questions over whether the National Park Service is at all equipped to ensure public safety during a white supremacist rally. The NPS should reevaluate its decision and its capacity to protect the public during such a toxic rally.

“We must wonder, where is the decision to permit a white supremacist rally in a national park being made? At the National Park Service? In the Department of the Interior? Or under guidance from the White House?

“Perhaps those making the decision did not know that Crissy Field is a place where families gather, where tourists visit, and the community comes together. Free speech does not grant the right to yell fire in a crowded theater, incite violence or endanger the public in any venue.”

So who is Patriot Prayer? Hard to say… They have a F/B page but no “about”, no “mission statement”, and no other web page I can find. [maybe I'm bad at finding stuff...]

So we must judge by what they publicly say and do. Last Sunday they held a rally in Seattle:

Joey Gibson, Patriot Prayer’s chief organizer … “Fuck white supremacists! Fuck neo-Nazis!” Gibson told the crowd, reminding them that he himself is a person of color, “and I have no use for that kind of thinking. It’s wrong.”

…Gibson was confronted near the stage by a young woman in Seahawks garb as he was trying to wrap things up. She wanted to know why he brought a “Trump rally” to Seattle.

“This isn’t a Trump rally,” Gibson told her.

“This isn’t a Trump rally?” she replied. “You’ve just got all these people in Trump hats, selling them Trump shit, bumper stickers, everything.”

“People can support — we had Hillary supporters up here, we had Bernie supporters up here, Black Lives Matters, we had Trump haters up here,” Gibson retorted.

Oh his F/B page [yes, I have one -- I use it to spy on my chillunz and get Xmas plans from my SinLs. get past it], Joey Gibson discusses the line-up for his SF rally [vid BTF]:

“Nancy Pelosi calls me a ‘White Supremacist’. … I’m not white! [laughs] … I just realized this, …we have one [1] white male speaker … we got hispanics .. we got three [3] African American speakers, we got a transexual, we got a woman … “

… I’m trying to build a community of the moderates. I’m so tired of the extremists trying to pull us apart. on the right and on the left …

I don’t know anything further about this outfit, but they don’t sound White Supremacist to me.

I think they’ll serve as a lightening rod or canary in the coal mine by which the focus of the Anti-Free Speech outfits can be gauged. Worth keeping an eye on as, in this Post-Charlotsville era, it’s so easy to simply call anyone ya disagree with a White Supremacist™ and cut off any support or factual investigation from the media — or anyone else. E Z Peasy.

“Taxes are too high” :: White Supremacist™!!!

“Government is too big” :: White Supremacist™!!!

“I now need a permit to change a lightbulb in my bathroom??” :: White Supremacist™!!!

yep… E Z Peasy.

Gibson's video »

1. Daemon
    Posted August 17, 2017 at 9:17 am |

We found a witch! May we burn her?

2. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted August 17, 2017 at 10:12 am |

Re: the vid

Our foundation is crumbling. … We don’t have leaders [who are] trying to promote a healthy culture, anymore. … Never be afraid to speak the truth in a time of deception. … We don’t call-out our politicians enough. We find it acceptable that they lie. … I’m sick of the brainwashing… Each and every one of us is an individual, and we need to get out of the labels. [His trashing of Pelosi is delicious, and the last couple of minutes is cool.]

Yeah, I hope he gets some traction. We need allies, so we can get back to pork-barrel politics and defense against foreign threats, rather than revolutionary politics.

3. mary
    Posted August 17, 2017 at 10:12 am |

“The left’s hatred cannot be alleviated.” Rush Limbaugh

4. DougM (flawed chap)
    Posted August 17, 2017 at 10:22 am |

Yeah, but he’s a light-skinned black.
    (From back in the early days when SNL was funny and I actually watched it.)

Posted August 17, 2017 at 11:33 am |

Uh-huh.
    Like Black Panthers with clubs at a Philly polling place, BLM protests, Louis Farrakhan rallies and speeches, ad infinitum are not Black Supremacist activities?

Blacks …oops.. my bad, passe word…African Americans are about 13% of the population, yet every day, everything has to be about them. With them, facts aren’t facts, everything’s an existential crisis, and abusive, often violent confrontations are their modis operandi.
    Since 1968, I’ve been hearing that looting stores and then burning the places is “getting justice”. Naturally, the ones who did the burning are “hardest hit” by the riots, and then taxpayers are hit up to rebuild the neighborhoods of those who burned them in the first place.

Places I and my family used to live are now not good enough for them, mostly because they trashed them, so they cry “poverty”, don’t finish school, turn schools into day care centers for teenage mothers and demand easier tests, have no respect for authority, and whine for taxpayer paid TV’s, internet, smart phones, rent subsidies, medical care …on and on.
    How did the neighborhoods get that way? Crime and slovenly habits. Crime drives away productive people and businesses, businesses don’t want to hire illiterate, slovenly, unskilled bums with an attitude of being owed something.

A disproportionate number of them work for the Federal government in make work jobs with overblown titles and the inflated salaries to go with them, the decades-long trend driven by race pimps and government officials who tried to meet quotas and create a black middle class by quotas.
    Diversity departments serve no useful purpose other than to find a parking place for otherwise useless and unpromotable blacks in order for the private sector to meet quotas.

I’ve listened to this bilge for decades, with lower and lower hopes of it promoting amity as time passes and the black community’s demands never end, demanding more and doing less to earn the freebies. It swirls faster and faster around the bowl, shrieking “white privilege” as the latest word for racism, requiring I do nothing but exist to be guilty, as they try to drag the nation that supports them down the bowl with them.

Well, I’ve had it. I’m sick and tired of cleaning up their messes, I don’t believe anything they say, as they go on doing the same stupid stuff while demanding we pay more to fix it for the umpteenth time.
    There are blacks out on the right hand tail of the bell curve who are an asset to the nation, I’ve worked with them have a couple for friends, but most of the rest are a liability, and I’m sick and tired of pouring money down the rat hole. I’m sick and tired of their thuggish, destructive behavior. They irritate me and I don’t won’t to hear them anymore. I’ve run out of sympathy for them.

They need to solve their own problems, but sub-Saharan Africa since colonialism ended shows that isn’t likely.
    Frankly, T’Kwondeisha and D’Shontay, I just don’t give a damn anymore.

6. Posted August 17, 2017 at 12:17 pm |

They recently found a brain eating parasite off the coast of California killing sharks. It explains a lot of other things, too!

7. neal
    Posted August 17, 2017 at 12:33 pm |

The amish country I am from is currently crawling with Feds busting picnics for raw milk.

If they have a State approved picnic, the Feds leave. The Somalis and MS13 show up and want to feast and dance with the sons and daughters. And sheep.

Plowshares into garden tools. Grim reaper stuff.

Bad for the corn. I think some of that bronze age stuff looks kind of the same.

8. Posted August 17, 2017 at 6:34 pm |