your afternoon perspective

Slavery in the US wasn’t ended by self-righteous, America-hating commiefascists removing statues.
It was ended by the ultimate sacrifice of 600,000 courageous Americans.

I’d take the SJWs’ new-found morality and virtue-signaling more seriously,
if they attacked the slavery still practiced in the Muslim world,
but that would take, you know… courage.

Posted August 22, 2017 at 2:52 pm |

Last night, the %^&*@# thugs destroyed the oldest monument to Columbus in the nation, erected in 1792 in Baltimore. I remember it, because as a child, I lived only a few blocks away and played in Herring Run and the eponymous park that adjoins the monument grounds.

Over the years, I watched the neighborhood go black where the monument is, watched the the beautiful new Lake Clifton High School built for them in the neighborhood with a 441 acre park for a campus be destroyed before it could even open, then watched from afar as blacks destroyed a once beautiful, once well loved city. Part of that destruction was that school; it remained open for only 30 years, plagued throughout its history by violence, poor discipline, high dropout rates, low test scores, vandalism, shooting and arson. The blacks were handed the biggest, best physical plant and setting on the east coast. Did they appreciate it? No, they destroyed it like everything else they touch. I have no further use or sympathy for blacks as a group.

I don’t know if the blacks or their fellow travelers in destruction, the Antifa, destroyed the Columbus monument, but I hope somebody gets a healthy prison sentence for that.
    I weep for my old home town, formerly known as the Monumental City, formerly known as Charm City, my mother’s family’s home since the Revolution.

2. Posted August 22, 2017 at 3:25 pm |

^ As a native son of Richmond, we would occasionally go to DC, Baltimore, or Ocean City. Like my own, once beautiful city, Baltimore has been a dump for a long time. I trace it all back to around 1972-73 with Nixon’s Watergate problems. Because there was no Conservative push back to defend him – William F Buckley and National Review was it – for about the rest of the seventies a Republican couldn’t run and win the local dog-catcher job. With the dim-o-crat party’s built-in 98% urban black vote, they took over Richmond, Baltimore, DC, Atlanta, and so on – turning them into corrupt shit-holes. I weep too, Dick. To me, the 1950s was a far better time than what we have today. Was it perfect? Absolutely not, because I understand that worthless white bigots caused far more trouble for their own kind than they’ll ever know or care. We’re still suffering today because of their hate. Who knows? Maybe this new brand of evil haters and those that come after them will suffer like we’ve suffered. One can only wish.

3. Dave
    Posted August 22, 2017 at 5:42 pm |

^ & ^^ When you have a black woman lawmaker calling for the assignation of a white president you think it would get a little more press than said president’s tweets.
    I’m sure she raised her kids right.

4. DougM and his platoon of raccoons
    Posted August 22, 2017 at 7:29 pm |

^-^^^
    I think y’all’re missin’ the point.

5. Dave
    Posted August 22, 2017 at 8:03 pm |

No Doug, we’re not “missing” any point. After 8 years of this shit we all held our tongues because we all knew it would be over.
    Well, it’s not over. It’s not by Eleventy.

(BTW Black people can’t run Baltimore. They’ve been trying for decades and the place is a shithole)

6. DougM and his platoon of raccoons
    Posted August 22, 2017 at 8:15 pm |

^Yes, I think you have missed the point of the post.
    You’re wayyy off-topic.

Yeah, I’m sick of that garbage, too; but I consider individuals a member of a group only if they joined it. Otherwise, this identity-politics stuff is the same destructive crap the intersectionals and SJWs promote. That’s not what I posted about.

7. Dave
    Posted August 22, 2017 at 8:40 pm |

^ Well, think all you want, facts are facts.
    Facts don’t care how you feel or how you think. It’s open season on white people now just because some white asshole drove his car into a bunch of other assholes and killed a white person.

8. Fat Baxter
    Posted August 22, 2017 at 8:46 pm |

I’d take the SJWs’ new-found morality and virtue-signaling more seriously, if they attacked the slavery still practiced in the Muslim world, but that would take, you know… courage.

It’s easier for a dog to crap in its front yard, than to go down the street a little and use the meadow, where no one will step in said crap.

Oh, and if you guys really want to be depressed, go read the latest Woodpile Report for a listing of the latest stupidity. Just keep scrolling:

9. Posted August 23, 2017 at 6:27 am |

^Doug
    I was just ruminating with Dick. I don’t care a thing about SJW. I would only advise they leave me alone.

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted August 23, 2017 at 6:49 am |

I consider individuals a member of a group only if they joined it
    –DM @6

I think that’s a very clear thought. A good way to fight Teh Stoopud.

which means we need another term for the individuals Dick and Dave were referring to.

Posted August 23, 2017 at 10:16 am |

Doug, I’m sorry for hijacking your thread, but SJW’s, Antifa, Occupy, etc. usually include oppression of blacks in their manifesto, and too many blacks go along with it. That Columbus monument business hit close to home. Just like with muzzies, the blacks-as-a group’s silence over the abuse of their situation and their violence, poor discipline, high dropout rates, low test scores, vandalism, shooting, looting, arson, willing multi-generational dependency and out of wedlock statistics makes them all suspect to me until individuals demonstrate otherwise. I’m not a racist, just making a healthy statistical discrimination based on what I know. FWIW, I have two black friends, a MSgt and Major, US Army (retired) that likewise condemn them with a lot nastier language than I use.

I agree with the premise of your thread, that Antifa is a collection of hired, self-righteous vandals that would not stand and fight if confronted with counter violence.
    I’ve seen them in vids gang up and beat on one unarmed counter protestor, then run if facing anything like serious physical resistance, and I doubt they’d pass a test to be a member of the armed forces. I wish some mayor somewhere would take action and prosecute them for their crimes, but I suspect they choose their venues where the fix is in and they can run berserk without fear of reprisal.
    I’d give a month of my pension to see a hundred or so of them boxed in, beat down, arrested, fined and jailed or imprisoned for their assaults and destruction of property.

12. DougM and his platoon of raccoons
    Posted August 23, 2017 at 12:18 pm |

^ Can’t argue with that.
    Be careful with the statistics approach, though. That way lies collectivism.