ToDaZeD Perspective

Humans – my least favorite species

Irma Gerd

Mother Nature: she says – and, now, repeats – “I am bigger than you can imagine, more complex than you can conceive, have been around longer than you can grasp, and I don’t give the tiniest thought to what you do or what you think.”

Humans: “WE caused these storms!!!1!!!!!!! WE did it!! WE! WE! WEEEEEEE!!!!!!”
*runz in circles*

*facepalm*

1. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted September 7, 2017 at 12:25 pm |

I liked your take, better, Claire, so I deleted my post.

SHTF time, boys an’ girls.
    I can provide emergency bunkage for refugee KisPers for a few days, here in NC (email link in the RH column).

And, of course, ISIS are bein’ jerks.

2. Chris In NC
    Posted September 7, 2017 at 1:59 pm |

I keep yellin’ on facebook that this isn’t 2 unprecedented in a row. Harvey was barely a cat 4 at its peak and was a cat 4 for less than 8 hours. It had the benefit of a shallow warm gulf area to draw the water from but as far as a hurricane, it was not out of the ordinary.

3. Posted September 7, 2017 at 3:03 pm |

I don’t give the tiniest thought to what you do or what you think

I’m gonna have to disagree with that.

It just seems very unlikely that it snows and is recordly cold for each and every global worming protest unless Gaia really hates Al Gore.

4. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted September 7, 2017 at 3:37 pm |

5. Dave
    Posted September 7, 2017 at 4:41 pm |

@2 Harvey was a tropical storm when it parked over Houston. It hit 2 competing high pressure systems.

The parking was the problem, not the storm.

PS it’s hard to find a report on the whys of Harvey that’s not associated with the global warming nonsense. Thanks google fuckers.

PPS https://www.weatherbell.com nailed it over a week before it happened

6. Paladin
    Posted September 8, 2017 at 7:10 am |

I’ll sure be glad when fire season is over. We were blessed with a wet spring and a long summer. We have vegetation to burn.

Still, my nephew in Boca Raton says if Irma makes category 5, he’s loading up his car and moving back to Idaho.

irmagerd

7. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted September 8, 2017 at 8:23 am |

^ Claire, Paladin
    Irmagerd! I totally missed that ol’ meme!
    Must be gettin’ old or sumpthin’.

8. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted September 8, 2017 at 8:15 pm |

*heh*

9. Blake
    Posted September 10, 2017 at 8:00 am |

The cognitive dissidence of the global warming/leftist crowd has always made me roll my eyes.

These people always want to have it both ways: They want to blame human beings for global warning yet, in the same breath, accuse the human race of “hubris.”

I always want to ask these so-called “smaht people” if they have any clue as to the contradictory nature of their beliefs.

I don’t, because I’m well aware of that it’s along the lines of teaching a pig to sing.