J’recuse…!

Yayyy! Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

[T]he FBI in 2009 had collected substantial evidence — eyewitnesses backed by documents — of money-laundering, blackmail and bribery by Russian nuclear officials, all aimed at growing “Vladimir Putin’s atomic-energy business inside the United States” in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

The bureau even flagged the routing of millions from Russian nuclear officials to cutouts and on to Clinton Inc. Hillary Clinton … sat on a key government body that had to approve the deal …. The Obama administration — anxious to “reset” US-Russian relations — kept it all under wraps, refusing to tell even top congressional intelligence figures.

“The Russians were compromising American contractors in the nuclear industry with kickbacks and extortion threats, all of which raised legitimate national security concerns,” …. Yet the administration let Moscow move ahead — publicly insisting that there were no national security worries — and no evidence of Russian interference, despite many lawmakers’ concern at the time.

[U]ntil September 2013, the FBI director was Robert Mueller — who’s now the special counsel probing Russian meddling in the 2016 election. It’s hard to see how he can be trusted in that job unless he explains what he knew about this Obama-era cover-up. [story]

__________
Previously on KisP
Title ref
Cultural ref

Posted October 19, 2017 at 1:03 pm |

Wall
    Rifles
    Firing squad
    Not much assembly required

2. Posted October 19, 2017 at 2:39 pm |

But Trump is Hitler so you facts, so called, are meaningless.

3. pookie18
    Posted October 20, 2017 at 12:22 am |

Please change to Mueller & repost or e-mail me…tx

4. JimB
    Posted October 20, 2017 at 7:08 am |

Now that this has come up the Russian story will fade away. After all we can’t let the people know what their betters are up to.

5. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted October 20, 2017 at 9:15 am |

pookie ^^
    *bwahahahaha!*
    I was trying to make a subtle joke by spelling it like Beuller,
    and now I find that I’ve been spellin’ Bueller wrong all this time.

Fixed it, thanks. But you didn’t warn me, back on 5 Oct, when I’d spelled Concord wrong. You posted tha-at, and now it’s stuck that way for all eternity. Future historians will forever refer to me as “the guy who spelled Concord wrong.” :)
    I don’t have your email addy to send revisions, though.
    Normally, it takes about 36-hr for my posts to settle down to a final version.

[I'll just crawl into this hole, over here.]

6. pookie18
    Posted October 20, 2017 at 4:13 pm |

Thanks, Doug & thanks for letting me know that my editor-in-chief missed one…I’m thinking of firing him!

7. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted October 20, 2017 at 9:57 pm |

^ Yeah? Well, I’m, yeah that’s it, I’m firin’ my whole dadblamed graphics department.

8. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted October 23, 2017 at 8:39 am |

^^ By the way, Pookie, my folks said they called me Pookie when I was a toddler.
    I seem to have gotten past all that.

(What? Yeah, wayyy before Soupy Sales & Pookie.)