indulgences

It’s still on for tomorrow, but we can save you from bothering to attend personally…

Reminder: Unhinged libs are still planning to express their impotent rage at the results of the 2016 election with “Scream Helplessly at the Sky” gatherings in over two dozen cities on Wednesday. In most locations, anguished snowflakes will start screeching during the early evening hours. [story]

…hit the PayPal button and donate $5.
We’ll make sure that The Sky™ recognizes your pitiful existence exactly as if you had actually bothered to participate.

Of course, if you’d rather not… indulge us:

(What? Well, I suppose scream therapy is popular, because brats can indulge in tantrums without repercussions.)

Me? I’m hoping for a flock of startled seagulls
really. well. fed. seagulls

Posted November 7, 2017 at 12:33 pm |

I’m rooting for the pelicans; I’ll settle for a violent hailstorm.
    Aside:
    I had to go to the Apple store last night to fix a problem on wife’s phone, because she had an appointment and was too under the weather to go.
    disclaimer: I know nothing about operating anything Apple.
    I know there’re bound to be Kispian Apple fans here, but I wanna tell ya:
    That store looked like a meeting of Occupy, Antifa (without masks), the DNC grunt staff, half a dozen university Angry Studies types, the Tackle Box Metal Face and Lizard Inked Arm Society and twenty guys who escaped from momma’s basement.
    Is that the norm, or was it just too soon after Halloween?

2. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted November 7, 2017 at 1:11 pm |

^ I’ve owned Macs since 1984 with nary a tattoo or piercing (not counting that shop accident).
    But, yeah, I feel that way about the customry in almost all stores these days (well, except gun shops, mebbe — the tattoos are entirely different).

*heh* I sympathize with the pelican idea for pure payload-per-sortie, but birds much larger than seagulls don’t tend to flock, and you can get a lot of seagulls over a public square.

3. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted November 7, 2017 at 1:25 pm |

What’s the old goofy-uncle advice that I’ve given so often? – Never try to catch snowflakes on your tongue until ALL the birds have flown south for the winter. (Something like that…)

4. bogsidebunny
    Posted November 7, 2017 at 1:56 pm |

dick, not quite dead white guy ,

I have an LG flip-phone running on the TracFone network. I’ve used it once in the past year just to keep TracFone from disconnecting the service. We don’t have to be “in contact” 24/7 despite the Millennial generation’s belief. That’s a sick addiction. I don’t know how to text either. I still write and mail letters written in longhand and use the pound sign.

Posted November 7, 2017 at 5:26 pm |

^bsb – Same for me; flip phone, and I get more calls from random dialers trying to fix my credit cards and computers than actual contact from friends. I don’t give my cell number to anyone but friends and family, so if it rings and doesn’t show a caller ID, it’s a scammer and I shut them off.

6. Fat Baxter
    Posted November 7, 2017 at 7:32 pm |

DougM — Was that first picture off the “People of WalMart” website?

7. DougM and his raccoon platoon
    Posted November 7, 2017 at 8:15 pm |

^ *heh*
    Could be, could be.
    I searched for shamans looking skyward.
    Dunno where that guy is from, but he seems to have nailed the look.

Posted November 7, 2017 at 9:19 pm |

Well, I just went outside and screamed at the sky.
    The Dems cleaned up here in Virgi……uh…. DC South.
    We lost Governor, Lt. Governor, Atty General, my delegate to the Gen’l Assembly, and we fell from a 66-34 majority to a slim 53-47 majority in the House of Delegates, thanks to the millennials, the Northern Virginia Parasite Class and lousy turnout from Republicans.
    A month ago, I got an email from the chairman of the VA Republican Stupid Party, claiming Gillespie had drawn even, that he was going to win and pull other Repubs along with him.

I wrote back excoriating him for Gillespie’s boring, same old same old campaign, told him Gillespie was a loser who would lose again, to get behind a new guy with fire in the belly, Corey Stewart, who has been reelected several times as the chair of a very Dem Northern VA county board of supervisors.
    But oh, no, we gotta go with the good ole boy, former G. W. Bush buddy and consultant, a lobbyist with a Dem partner, who only knew how to say ” I have a plan”, sounding remarkably like Jawn Kerry. I wrote to Gillespie, asked him to please detail his plan – he never did. He lost a state wide race to Kommie Kaine for Senator, and now, for the second time, is just as big a loser as Kerry. The Stupid Party never learns, or doesn’t care; I’m not sure which. It makes me nauseous, but sorry to say, I was right.

In my county, I think the incoming millennial bitches from other states I see all around our neighborhood, with all their Dem signs, had a lot to do with the results, and I’ll happily remind them they shat the bed when things begin to stink even more than the past four years with Terry McAwful, the Clinton Bagboy. They screwed up the places they fled from, and now they’ll do it here.
    Stupid locusts.

Posted November 7, 2017 at 9:39 pm |

Correction – Va House of Delegates is only 51-49 Repub majority. The Stupids lost 15 seats today.

10. MikeAZ
    Posted November 8, 2017 at 5:53 am |

My sympathies to all in Virginia who still have use of their brains.

Note to the rest of the nation: let this be a lesson and learn from it. Just voting R is as bad as voting D; Virginia is what you end up with. Conservatives win by supporting Conservative values, not by following party line b.s.

Note to Swamp Republicans: Virginia is your albatross. Stop obstructing and start constructing. Get off your a*ses and get SOMETHING done!