good news and bad news

First, the bad news:
Jennifer Lawrence is taking a sabbatical from acting to “fix our democracy.”

Now, the good news:
Jennifer Lawrence is taking a sabbatical from acting.

Must be a new definition of “acting” I’m unfamiliar with.
I mean, to quote Dorothy Parker, “She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.”
Kripes! She starred in Hunger Games, for cryin’ out loud; probably the worst, stupidest movie I’ve ever seen.

Reckon she’ll be out there fighting for the standard-issue SJW causes like weapons bans and women’s dignity.

(What? Well, I suppose she doesn’t want to be seen as just another overpaid hired face who speaks somebody else’s words and pretends to be somebody else who’s more interesting.)

Look, I don’t give a flying fig about her, per se. It’s just that the entertainment industry is just that, an industry; but it now confuses fiction for real life so much that it’s polluting our culture by casting actors as spokesbots and hyping the ideological equivalent of Yugos as Mercedes. Yeah, I know that’s what they’ve always done, but it’s gotten silly.

Next week: big social media
_____
Story (no, don’t bother, it’s just entertainmohypeadvertisingcrap, and she speaks)

Nahh, that’s not a rant. This is a rant.

1. rickn8or
    Posted February 19, 2018 at 1:01 pm |

Then there’s Rob Reiner, Hobby Psychologist:

2. USMC2841
    Posted February 19, 2018 at 2:05 pm |

Maybe after years of study she’ll realize we’re a Republic.

Posted February 19, 2018 at 3:04 pm |

I never heard of her until I saw the Story link.
    She said ““I want to get a farm,” the Academy Award-winner told the lifestyle magazine. “I want to be, like, milking goats.”
    Now there’s the next Great Leader and Orator in the wings, by golly.
    That alone qualifies her to Save Us All.
    I wish she’d actually do that and have it on a reality show so we could laugh at the follies. At least our Republic (- Republic – got that, airhead?) would be safer with her out of the way with goats butting her over and peeing on her. Castrating the males and mucking out stables would be good for her too, along with birthing the dams. And milking? Oh my goodness, raw sore hands is just what she deserves.
    A little close-up reality would be good for her.

4. Posted February 19, 2018 at 3:21 pm |

As a thinker and orator, she has nice boobs.

5. DougM (big hands and feet, anyway)
    Posted February 19, 2018 at 3:21 pm |

^ Greeeen Acres is the place to be.

Why don’t they ever go full hunter-gatherer?

6. Blake
    Posted February 19, 2018 at 3:27 pm |

^^We already have the Kardashians, so, no thanks to any “reality” show that involves Lawrence.

7. TN Volunteer
    Posted February 19, 2018 at 4:06 pm |

….Translation: No one wants to pay me 15+ Million to show my lady parts in a film that’s going to bomb the first day!

8. Norman
    Posted February 20, 2018 at 2:20 am |

…. I suppose she doesn’t want to be seen as just another overpaid hired face who speaks somebody else’s words and pretends to be somebody else who’s more interesting…

Hadn’t thought of phrasing it quite that way, but it’s a very apt description of everyone in the Hollywood sphere.

9. neal
    Posted February 20, 2018 at 4:03 pm |

This announcement ties in with Jenny’s current promotion of her newest movie.
    She plays a Russian spy.

Of course, she is just an actor, not a real spy…

10. MikeAZ
    Posted February 21, 2018 at 6:11 am |

Just think, if she didn’t (allegedly) “put out” for some (allegedly) Horn Dog producer early in her career, she’d either be teaching us all how to milk goats or how to give customers their money’s worth as a pole dancer.