breakin’ the law breakin’ the law*

virtue signal FAIL

previously

Finish your assignment! »

1. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted March 8, 2018 at 7:41 pm |

Yep, she just manufactured a SBR (short-barrelled rifle) which is, indeed, a crime. You must submit the ATF Form-1 and have the tax stamp in your possession before modifying the firearm. That process takes months (ask me how I know*) and $200.

If you want to destroy an AR, you have to saw through the lower receiver (the thingie with the serial number on it). Unless you do that, the firearm still exists. Actually, the lower receiver’s frame is the only thing that’s controlled by ATF. Every part in it or attached to it can be bought without any paperwork, including the parts she just destroyed.

Bad girl, bad girl
    Disassemble that weapon immediately, lady, and get rid of the bbl before they come for you.
    Yeah, this gun-culturin’ is haaard, innit?
    _____
    * I had a 14″ M-4 bbl sitting around for many months awaiting the ATF stamp before I could mount it on one of my ARs, which is now a legal SBR. Also, I can’t put that bbl on any other of my ARs, since it’s less than 16″; and they don’t have SBR tax stamps. Oh, wait, I can put it on my AR pistol, which doesn’t require an ATF tax stamp; but that receiver was built-up as a pistol and has never been configured as a rifle, so having a short bbl doesn’t make it a SBR. I can also put the pistol’s 7-1/2″ and 10″ bbls on the SBR but not on the others. Hey, ATF rules. Be careful, y’all, an’ stay out’a jail. (Remember: I’m not a lawyer, but I do take their advice on occasion.)

2. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted March 8, 2018 at 8:00 pm |

Well, at least she used protection……….

3. Dave
    Posted March 8, 2018 at 8:03 pm |

And an automatic magazine for the masses

Posted March 8, 2018 at 9:12 pm |

There’s laws for us, but for Dems and their minions, the law is only a suggestion to use only when expedient for their ends.

5. TN Volunteer
    Posted March 8, 2018 at 9:18 pm |

…..Showboating fail!

Posted March 9, 2018 at 7:53 am |

She took her “I’ll show the NRA” video down, but it’s forever on the internet. I sure wish the ATF would show up at her door and fine the crap out of her. That’s the video I’d like to see.
    She’s another ignorant would-be nanny bitch running on emotions rather than facts.

7. TN Volunteer
    Posted March 9, 2018 at 8:03 am |

….Q: how do I add my AVATAR to my comments?

8. TN Volunteer
    Posted March 9, 2018 at 8:03 am |

Q: how do I add my avatar?

9. Mumblix_Grumph
    Posted March 9, 2018 at 8:56 am |

Shortening the barrel? That’s why they shot Randy Weaver’s wife

10. rickn8or
    Posted March 9, 2018 at 9:43 am |

Mumblix_Grumph, more like the 3/8 inch too much wood Weaver took off the stock, making the OAL less than 26 inches. (Some allege the ATF did that after the seizure.) And a clerical error regarding his court date set the whole thing in motion. All because Weaver wouldn’t go undercover to rat out the Aryan Brotherhood.

If this lady was an “R”, the ATF would have Waco’d her by now.

And people like her write gun control laws…

11. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted March 9, 2018 at 9:59 am |

TN Volunteer ^7&8
    Right-hand column, under the young Missy with the boxing gloves, under “Enter at your own risk”, select “Site Admin.”
    On that (Dashboard) page, bottom-left column, select “Profile.”
    On that (Profile) page, the picture add/update thingy will show up in the upper-right corner.

I think…

12. Jess
    Posted March 9, 2018 at 12:20 pm |

In a more perfect world, a robber would have appeared at the end, and took her money.

13. neal
    Posted March 9, 2018 at 3:03 pm |

Thank goodness that was not a modified PopTart.
    That would have gotten out of hand. Never work in this town again.

Real guns are not as scary.

14. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted March 9, 2018 at 10:29 pm |

Well, well, well…
    The ATF has taken notice.
    Nothing will happen, of course.

15. HankR
    Posted March 10, 2018 at 5:29 pm |

Well, at least she used protection……….

The way she was holding that grinder she shoulda been wearing ass-less chaps, bit ain’t nobody wanna see that.

16. Posted March 10, 2018 at 7:01 pm |

Frankly, I’m more worried about angry women with power saws.