KMA

In January, the Denver City Council approved a ban on the possession of bump stocks and police have told people they need to turn them in. More than two months later, police have not received a single one. [story]

μολὼν λαβέ

Stupid laws don’t solve problems, they just turn thousands of law-abiding people into criminals.

Bravo, Denver
You’re everything I expect from a dope-addled, virtue-signaling, Progressive municipal gov’t.

Posted March 17, 2018 at 9:04 pm |

Bump stocks are a useless novelty, but 20 or 30 rd magazines…well… just wait for a 4 or 5 man home invasion and call me back if you survive.

“…removed the “grandfather clause” that enabled people to have a magazine with a capacity of 15 rounds or more if they bought it before 2013. “Why would we allow a rank amateur to have that sort of firepower and capacity,”

First of all,who gave that arrogant numbnuts the right to amend our Constitution? And what’s this “we” shit?
    That numbnuts blockhead better be careful who he’s calling a “rank amateur” too. FWIW, I used to compete in a pistol league on a pistol team from the company I worked for with four other “rank amateurs”, and we beat two National Guard teams, one regular Army team, and five police teams in the league, all non-amateurs in blockhead’s eyes.
    In addition, millions of living Americans have gone through military training and service and are far from “rank amateurs”.

Even at my age, I dare him to call me a rank amateur, and if he really believes that, then he’ll accept when I offer to give him a 100 yard head start.
    I’d drop him before he gets ten more, even with iron sights. And in that case, I won’t need a magazine with more than 15 rounds.
    Self-righteous Asshole.

2. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted March 17, 2018 at 9:16 pm |

^ And I hope you kept the receipts for all your old magazines.

3. rickn8or
    Posted March 17, 2018 at 11:30 pm |

Reading things like this warms my heart.

4. SpectreRider
    Posted March 18, 2018 at 4:20 am |

A taking for public use. Requires compensation under the fifth.
    Hey, if they can force a change in the ownership of property from one citizen to another to foster development and increase the tax base they have expanded the definition of public use beyond grabbing land for the new schoolhouse. They went bumpstocks out of the hands of the public then compensate for the taking. Until then fuckoff.

5. MikeAZ
    Posted March 18, 2018 at 5:00 am |

“In January, the Denver City Council approved a ban on the possession of bump stocks and police have told people they need to turn them in. More than two months later, police have not received a single one.”

I take two things from this story: not that many people in Denver own bump stocks, and fewer still are stupid enough to bow to the wishes of the imbecils on the City Council.

However, I can’t explain how said imbecils got elected to the Council in the first place.

6. bogsidebunny
    Posted March 18, 2018 at 10:04 am |

Illinois State government is trying to pass a law (House Bill 1465) that would ban gun sales to under 21s and give the state the power to demand all AR-15 owners between 18 and 20 turn them in or they’ll be confiscated. If passed it’ll get the same rapid response the Denver Dummies got.

7. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted March 18, 2018 at 12:33 pm |

They were elected by other imbeciles, apparently.
    (It occurs to me that all these bone-heads who want to have gun owners registered so they can identify and find them seem to have overlooked one rather salient fact – the gun owners can already identify and find them…)

Posted March 18, 2018 at 3:15 pm |

^^Doug (2) They’re not organized, but I have everything back into the 1970′s.