latest memo

A proposed City of Richmond School Safety resolution asks Congress to ban “large-capacity ammunition cartridges.” [story]

And the shoulder thing that goes up.
Don’t forget to ban the shoulder thing that goes up. [corrected — dm]

I’m beginnin’ to think that Progs aren’t as ignorant and stupid as they sound.
Could be they use totally undisciplined, ambiguous, or meaningless language,
so they don’t have to actually argue the real merits of an issue, now or in the future.
Heck, their terms can mean anything they want, they can change meaning at any time,
and those meaning can even be totally contradictory when convenient.

(Next week: deceptive terminology)

1. jlw
    Posted March 20, 2018 at 1:22 pm |

“large-capacity ammunition cartridges.”

that’s .44 mag and larger, right?

2. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted March 20, 2018 at 2:43 pm |

Richmond Times-Dispatch reporter Justin Mattingly reports the school board is expected to take up the school safety resolution at its next meeting.

Now that’s the place for a lot of 2A types to show up and do the point-and-laugh thing. And make sure it’s all recorded …

3. sortah
    Posted March 20, 2018 at 4:21 pm |

I am completing my assignment as we speak (or type)

a) Nobody this side of Uranus knows.
    b) I am commencing pointing and laughing.

Posted March 20, 2018 at 6:16 pm |

Terminology nit pick: It’s “Shoulder thing(y) that goes up”. Let’s not sink to their level and keep gun terminology correct and accurate. The shoulder thingy that goes up along with a hand shroud is what makes it a high magnum automatic power capacity assault gun.
    Or something.

5. Dave
    Posted March 20, 2018 at 6:24 pm |

@1, that would be anything with magnum or mag in the name from .22 to .454

6. Posted March 20, 2018 at 7:23 pm |

I’m pretty sure .500 S&W magnum and .475 Wildey magnum (Wildey’s here!) are also large capacity, ammunition cartridges.
    Just don’t tell them about Big Horn Armory’s .500 S&W AR 10. At least until I get one.
    Not sure if it has the shoulder thing that goes up (NYS pols attempt to define ‘barrel shroud’) but I have high hopes.

7. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted March 20, 2018 at 10:19 pm |

dick ^
    You’re right, as ususal.
    It’s “The shoulder thing that goes up.”
    Fixed it.
    (Why is everyone pointing and laughing at me?)

8. Drew458
    Posted March 21, 2018 at 5:05 am |

The .416 Weatherby holds about 120 grains of powder. It’s a huge round used to hunt gigantic Cape Buffalo and elephants. That’s about as high capacity as it gets for ammunition cartridges, unless you’re loading your own .50 BMG. But I don’t, because airliners are a protected species, and hunting deer from 3 miles away is just too much walking.

9. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted March 21, 2018 at 9:08 am |

Yeah, my first thought was black-powder-based cartridges which needed more volume than smokeless-powder ones.