Today’s episode of Dumb Holy-Land Tactics

Cultural ref-1
Cultural ref-2
Archives

1. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted May 15, 2018 at 10:40 am |

For the record,
    I didn’t include any reference to human shields,
    because I wanted to make a joke,
    and having your own people killed for PR points isn’t at all funny.

Perspective

2. Posted May 15, 2018 at 4:25 pm |

The worst part is that if the Israelis don’t kill enough human shields, Pallywood picks up the slack and CNN and BBC are happy to broadcast it.

I think Israel should drop a rain of frogs on them.
    Sometimes you just gotta go with the classics.

Posted May 15, 2018 at 5:58 pm |

If they’d look at the Kingdom of Solomon about 1000 BC, they’d see it looks pretty much like the land Israel claims today, with the Philistines (Paleswinians?) occupying what is now Gaza strip.
    FWIW, once upon a time I and my fellow soldiers in Washington DC had orders to shoot anyone throwing a Molotov cocktail. Seems to me the Paleswinians are trying to do the same thing with their fire kites. They can’t even get that right, because as usual, everything they touch turns to shit.

4. Dave
    Posted May 15, 2018 at 6:56 pm |

Flaming Kites From Gaza Thwarted by Winds

Could that be “Divine Wind”?

5. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted May 15, 2018 at 10:25 pm |

^ Yeah, not checkin’ WX before launch is kind of a Kamikaze move, innit.

6. Bruce
    Posted May 16, 2018 at 2:45 am |

“I’m going to Palestine.’

“Wear the fox hat?”

Given that it was the ROMANS who, after slaughtering the Jews at Masada, officially renamed Judea (Land of the Jews), as Palaestina, more than a few people seem to be missing the point.

“Palaestina” was an oblique Roman “joke” and deep insult, as it revived the memory of the “Peleshet” a previous and apparently, not at all missed, bunch of pirates and brigands in the region

7. bogsidebunny
    Posted May 16, 2018 at 8:33 am |

“Could that be “Divine Wind”?”

No Dave, that term only applies to the Pope’s farts.

8. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted May 16, 2018 at 2:14 pm |

Bruce ^^
    Heeere ya go!

bogside ^
    Wouldn’t that be “infallible wind”?

9. bogsidebunny
    Posted May 16, 2018 at 3:05 pm |

Maybe. It depends on if it leaves a brown or white halo over the Vatican, Doug.

10. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted May 16, 2018 at 4:04 pm |

^ I’ll never be able to watch the Papal-election chimney-smoke coverage the same way ever again.