Portland: indulgences* and the white-guilt extortion racket**

We’ve already established what you are.
Now, we’re just negotiating.***

(What? Yes, everybody)
_____
Story
* Historical ref
** Criminal ref
*** Cultural ref
Archives
Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

1. Drew458
    Posted May 27, 2018 at 8:39 am |

Only slave owning races I know of are in darkest musilm western Africa and certain parts of the lands o’ sand.

They should rename the restaurant Gibb’s.

Posted May 27, 2018 at 10:28 am |

Drew – how about Chicoms and Norks? ‘Course that doesn’t count because they’re democratic “socialists” and “People’s Republic, etc..

3. bogsidebunny
    Posted May 27, 2018 at 10:37 am |

Give $10 toward a party I can’t attend? OK, I can accept the reality of my personal white privilege guilt. So can I donate a tanker truck full of gasoline to make sure all the raw dark meat is well done? In addition I’ll make sure I stay well away from the party.

4. Fat Baxter
    Posted May 27, 2018 at 12:33 pm |

M’kay, let’s give every black in America a chunk of money (assuming away the genealogical details of who is actually descended from slaves). Figure out a number* and pay them.

After that, however, we’re done with the black extortion racket. They will have been paid off, and we’ll have no further need for affirmative action, racial giveaways, quotas, etc. We’re done.

It might be worth it.

(* I think that the number should be equivalent to the cost of a plane ticket back to Africa.)

5. Posted May 27, 2018 at 3:11 pm |

Yeah, that’s Portland. Yet another reason why we hope to be outta here soon. Used to be a nice place, until the nutters arrived 30 years ago.

“If folks say they want diversity in this community, they need to invest in it,” Whitten said. “These spaces are critical, and these spaces need to be paid for by white people.”

Nope, not racist at all….

6. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted May 27, 2018 at 6:21 pm |

C’mon,
    this isn’t about race, it’s about the inanity of reparations.
    People of all races have enslaved and been enslaved throughout history, usually by their own race.

One thing I find appalling is the concept of inheritance of guilt (or virtue).

(What? Nah, Great Grandma was an indentured servant, not the same thing at all. The other relatives who got free passage to the New World got it at the insistence of Queen’s Magistrates.)