What did Kim get in the Singapore summit?

Face™

40-min of photo-op prop

In what must have been a deeply humiliating act on the part of a DPRK dictator, Kim boarded a chartered foreign jet to meet with the great number-one enemy of everything NorK since 1950. Trump wisely allowed Kim his dignity and his need for the imagery of leadership — Face™.

Make no mistake, this move was history-making on Kim’s part; and he wouldn’t have done it if he hadn’t intended to pursue a new course,
whatever that may turn out to be and for whatever reason (I won’t speculate on either, here).

This new propaganda video crosses the red line of isolationism. Juche is dead as they knew it.

One should probably expect some interesting new propaganda in the near future; you know, fewer rockets and artillery, more food and Levis.
Maybe even a new narration style without all the caffeine.

(see also: Gorbachev)

Posted June 14, 2018 at 10:51 am |

I wonder if the Rocket Man has a cabinet officer and department titled Secretary of Hagiography?

2. OldFert
    Posted June 14, 2018 at 11:02 am |

I turned on the closed captioning and selected the Korean to English.

The “don’t eat foreigners” part was comforting.

I don’t think the world is ready for auto-gen Korean speech to text autotranslated to English.

3. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted June 14, 2018 at 11:44 am |

^ I forgot you could dooo that.
    Cracked me up.

4. Posted June 14, 2018 at 12:32 pm |

I wonder if Trump’s trying to peel the Norks off China.
    That would be huge.

5. Posted June 15, 2018 at 5:57 am |

I think there are parts of this “deal” that we will not see publicly for decades, if ever. The presstitutes seem put off that Trump is running around saying there is no longer a nuclear threat from Lil Kim without providing many details.

I can picture Kim’s face when his translator nervously relays Trump’s message that the Nork’s whole nuke arsenal is no match for the lone U.S. submarine currently parked off his coast, ready to turn North Korea into a puddle and South Korea into an island.

Posted June 15, 2018 at 9:00 am |

The closed captioning is surreal indeed.

Doug, do you read Thomas Wictor? Interesting threads on teh twitter.

7. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted June 15, 2018 at 10:27 am |

^ Nope, first I’ve heard of him.
    I’ll give ‘im a try. Thanks.