Monday threefer

I couldn’t decide which joke to use, so…

Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

Heaven forbid they should see people as individuals rather than as a mere member of a breed to be exploited in the pursuit of power.
_____
Story (fun read)
Cultural ref (for Ed Wood fans)
Archives

1. OldFert
    Posted July 9, 2018 at 12:24 pm |

I’ve read that transgenders have a higher suicide rate than other segments of the population.

Perhaps the attempt to change sex is just a manifestation of the desire for self-destruction, but without the finality of death. But it doesn’t seem to work for around forty percent of ‘em.

2. jlw
    Posted July 9, 2018 at 12:33 pm |

i can no longer tell the players even with a program.

many years ago i had a good friend whose take on this kind of thing was:

“I don’t care who does what to who in the backyard for how much.”

would that it were so.

ps my friend died when his F-4 Phantom flamed out on takeoff. the world lost a fine man.

3. Posted July 9, 2018 at 1:20 pm |

Thank goodness house plumbing isn’t such a twisted, complicated thing. If it was, flushing the commode would launch turds into the washer, and nobody would have clean clothes.

4. neal
    Posted July 9, 2018 at 2:15 pm |

The font police are not amused.
    I slur my words because I talk in cursive. Elegant. Dino approves.

5. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted July 9, 2018 at 5:29 pm |

^ Ahhh, somebody noticed.

I’m still playin’ around with various styles and formats for these templates, and typefaces play a big part. I’ve kind of settled on using Arial Black for newspapery headline text, Arial Narrow for subheads and things that use a lot of words, and Times New Roman for text text.

Now I’m playing with typefaces that are compatible with speech — to represent the regional, class, or historical context of the speaker, if it’s of use. In this particular case, it’s upper-middle-class Victorian female. Generally speaking, mixing text and speech doesn’t work well in a cartoon format; but I haven’t had much opportunity to experiment with that, yet.

Also, the overall-template names’ typefaces were usually chosen to be a stylistic part of the header’s running joke; and I’ve had to modify a couple of good jokes that depended on typefaces that just wouldn’t fit, geometrically.

Haven’t found a way to do automatic full-justification, so the fiddliest part of this exercise is adjusting font sizes and changing words to make the head/subhead text line up on the ends.

Consistent style is a harsh mistress, so it may take another year or so to get it right.

Posted July 9, 2018 at 8:58 pm |

a mere member of a breed to be exploited in the pursuit of power.
    I didn’t think full modified trannies could breed, and the just-thinking-about-it-for-headlines attention cadre wouldn’t dare for fear of losing their chance at 15 minutes of fame for walking into the “wrong” restroom at Home Depot.