Other than that, Mrs Lincoln…

Things they’ve hanged women for
_____
Story
Booth death
Hangings
The others (Ft Jefferson is worth a visit. Spent a number of days anchored there due to a storm)
Archives
Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

1. Jess
    Posted September 10, 2018 at 11:19 am |

It’s amazing how age sometimes brings on a really bad case of the dumbass.

Posted September 10, 2018 at 12:07 pm |

Don’t cut ‘em any slack. Make it four conspirators hanged, one a woman.

[fixed it, thanks ~ DM]

3. bogsidebunny
    Posted September 10, 2018 at 12:08 pm |

Broadway’s supremo primadona Carole Cook was misunderstood in her statement. after all those who excel in the “arts” are high-strung, sensitive individuals incapable of harboring any possible trace of animus .

Allow me to clarify her orphic mental processes.

She’s just using her “Artistic license” to explain that John Wilkes Booth was just casting a “delayed” vote for George B. McClellan Lincoln’s Democrat opponent in the 1864 presidential race. And that’s exactly what someone should do for Trump’s former 2016 opponent Hillary Clinton.

See, she’s actually a real pussy cat

4. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted September 10, 2018 at 12:59 pm |

dick ^^
    D’oh!

(What? Yeah, that’s whey we have comments. Most folks are smarter’n me, and nut just ’cause they can count higher’n three.)

5. bogsidebunny
    Posted September 10, 2018 at 3:17 pm |

^^^^

My sarcastic spasms sometimes get a little out of hand, Doug. It was the drugs I took as a wee lad. Take my advice. Stay away from guzzling Alka Seltzer tablets dissolved in Grape Kool Aid.

6. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted September 10, 2018 at 3:27 pm |

^ *heh*
    Yeah, I can still taste Smith Bros cherry cough drops.
    Prob’ly my only habitual medication until coffee an’ cigars.
    Never had sore throats, so there’s that.

7. Joe Bandmember ® "≠ damn right I'm not equal to that" ™
    Posted September 10, 2018 at 6:55 pm |

Sofa king sick of the left getting away with anything they wish.

Wait till they actually GET Sharia.

8. Dave
    Posted September 10, 2018 at 7:04 pm |

Wait, I gotta be able to count to three to comment?
    I am so screwed

Posted September 10, 2018 at 8:34 pm |

^^^Doug - I can still taste Smith Bros cherry cough drops.
    Thanks for the wayback moment! I can taste ‘em too, and see the black line drawing of the two brothers on the box!
    That hasn’t crossed my mind for probably 50 years.

Posted September 10, 2018 at 8:58 pm |

A historical note – while the wall is long gone, part of the brick building to the left in the Lincoln conspirator execution pics is still standing, and the spot where the gallows stood is now the edge of a tennis court near the National War College at Ft. McNair in DC.

11. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 11, 2018 at 7:29 am |

she’s ok saying this – free speech & all

now… where’s Milo, again?