words unaccompanied by thought

People who can convince themselves that contradictions are unimportant in furtherance of a critical point
live in a warped, undisciplined world where despotism can be tolerated in furtherance of some greater good.
_____
Story-1 (what he said)
Story-2 (no comment)
Cultural ref
Archives
Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

UPDATE: Lemon’s boyfriend is white, not that there’s anything wrong with that.
(What? Yeah, more of Lemon’s doublethink. I wonder what his fella doublethinks about that.)

1. jlw
    Posted October 31, 2018 at 6:15 pm |

“words unaccompanied by thought”

is that the new slogan for the MSM?

2. Bruce
    Posted October 31, 2018 at 6:50 pm |

Regarding that picture of Lemon: Is beige the new black? Are the terms “black” and white” even applicable?

Pretty much everyone on the planet is actually some shade or other of “brownish” See melanin for details .Or, as seems likely in these desperately “woke” times, have ‘black” and “white” been corrupted into “cultural descriptors”?

Then there is Fauxcahontas and her ilk. It is, apparently, not evil, unforgivable cultural appropriation when the “woke” folk do it.

So, sit back and enjoy a white, Jewish, US army combat veteran show how they did it in 1983: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2NqfISm9k

3. Veeshir
    Posted October 31, 2018 at 8:48 pm |

I think you’re giving him too much credit.
    I’d just call it ‘double’, I’m not sure if good old Don is up to actual thinking.
    He’s more of a stimulus-response sort of organism. Like an amoeba or CNN talki…… Oh.

4. Jess
    Posted November 1, 2018 at 4:25 am |

It’s a form of insanity. It’s like being broke, saying you have money, and expecting to purchase a Mercedes without realizing the contradiction.

5. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted November 1, 2018 at 9:39 am |

Bruce ^2
    Dang! I’d forgotten all about that movie.
    Good cultural ref-ing

As for Lemon’s coloring, I had to find a usable head position pic then Ps the snot out of it to get the color temperatures/brightness/contrast/saturation/etc to be even close to the background’s while still kind’a lookin’ like Lemon. Rats, you got me to re-examining the pic, and I had to go back and remove a bit of Sigfried’s hairline I missed that showed behind Lemon. Yeah, I can get anal about stuff like that.

Besides, as Hillary said the other day, they all look alike to me.
    Hey, she said it, not me. I don’t think African derivatives all look alike.
    Orientals, on the other hand… Whaat?!

Note: Comedy’s too valuable to sacrifice to PCness and SJW prudery.
    The comedy is in the caricature, not in the stereotype. It mocks stereotyping.
    Heck, you’d laugh if it was bald guys, right?
    (What? Hey, bein’ my imaginary friend doesn’t mean you get to mock my hairline… or lack thereof)

6. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted November 1, 2018 at 10:01 am |

Veeshir ^3
    *heh*

Jess ^^
    I can’t be out of money, I still have some checks left