Tomorrow’s the Day

_____
Cultural ref-1 (SW III)
Cultural ref-2 (Wiley)
Cultural ref-3 (Acme)
Reminder: most cultural refs are included for future historians, culturally deprived millennials, and sixth-graders writing about websites that saved the world
Archives
Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

_____
Cultural ref-1 (For a Few Dollars More, Mortimer and the hunchback — puffin’ on that style pipe right now, srsly)
Cultural ref-2 (The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Tuco in the bath)

1. jlw
    Posted November 5, 2018 at 7:05 pm |

WNN stands for Whiny News Network, right?

2. Veeshir
    Posted November 5, 2018 at 9:03 pm |

In Arizona I’m stuck with believing everything the Dem candidate for Senate says about the Republican and believing everything the Republican says about the Dem.
    So I’m about to vote against the Dem, Kyrsten Sinema, and having to vote for a female John McCain.
    It could be worse I guess, I could be voting for Flake or McCain.

3. MikeAZ
    Posted November 6, 2018 at 5:18 am |

The day I received my mail-in ballot, I filled it out and mailed it back.

I’m getting on in years, and lately my health isn’t so good. I didn’t want to take the chance that I might die and end up voting Democrat.

4. DougM (μολὼν λαβέ)
    Posted November 6, 2018 at 4:22 pm |

Our line was around an hour long all day, including during the rain (the line snaked around inside the fire station’s parking bay). I drove past a half-dozen times during the day, which was hazardous, since cars lined up on both shoulders of the road for about 200 yds; and half the drivers around here are older an’ blinder’n me.

Pretty sure how the local-offices vote will go, ’cause only about a quarter of ‘em are even contested by (D)s.

5. OldFert
    Posted November 6, 2018 at 4:37 pm |

I early voted here in Georgia. A few benefits:

As with MikeAZ, if I died before election day, they wouldn’t know.

Also, the handicapped parking is only a few dozen feet from the old courthouse door.

Finally, they have chairs, so when I’m in line, I’m also sitting, not leaning on my cane.

6. Veeshir
    Posted November 6, 2018 at 7:32 pm |

Took a half hour in Tempe.
    I just saw a report that said they probably won’t know the results until tomorrow or maybe Thursday.