nevertheless, he persisted

someone needs a nice warm pussy hat!

I immediately thought of my friend Old Mr. Duffy, one of the Chosin Few, and what a laugh he’d have had if he’d seen this tweet!

Posted February 20, 2019 at 4:18 pm |

What a vain dickhead. If it was that awfully cold and Swalwell weren’t so vain and stupid, he could wear a hat, gloves and a scarf. But then he wouldn’t look pretty, would he?

Sondra, your Mr. Duffy should be proud to be in that group. Back in 1995, I had the honor to meet some Chosin Few Marines at the celebration of the dedication of the Korean War Memorial at Marine Barracks Washington (8th & I) in Washington DC, including General Ray Davis, MOH, who was the driving force behind creating the memorial. Being gentlemen, they wouldn’t spit on Swalwell’s shoes, but they just might have some derisive laughs later at his expense over a drink.
    I still remember seeing this pic from the Chosin battle in Life magazine a long time ago.
    The photographer, David Douglas Duncan, came upon an exhausted Marine on the road south, picking at the frozen contents of a can of beans with a spoon. The young Marine managed to free one bean, rolled it around on his tongue until it thawed, while continuing to pick with his spoon. When the incessant wind dropped for a moment, Duncan broke the silence and asked a question: “If I were God, what would you want for Christmas?” Duncan thought he’d ask for a hot steak dinner, or a warm shelter, or some such. After a pause to think, the Marine lifted his eyes and said: “Give me tomorrow.”

Swalwell wouldn’t have a clue.

2. Posted February 20, 2019 at 5:08 pm |

In the early seventies, I hung out at this beer joint in north Alabama. There was this forty-something year old man who came in frequently. He was a nice fella, but every night he would get drunk and then all he would talk about was Chosin. We didn’t know then what that was, but every night when he came in and got drunk, he started on about Chosin. I don’t remember his name, but I do remember that talking about it made him very sad.

3. MikeAZ
    Posted February 21, 2019 at 4:00 am |

Mr. Swalwell has proven himself to be a Cosmic-grade moron long before this latest episode.

I assume he was in New York instead of Washington because all the ills of the nation have been solved and he has some free time. Being a Congress weenie, I presume he’s not staying in some flophouse; even Motel 6 has in-room coffeemakers. Coffee in New York is as widespread as dog sh*t and pizza vendors. Are we supposed to be impressed with his urban bravery ’cause he’s walking in the snow?

My advice to Hero Swalwell: get your sorry *ss back to Washington, get to work, and man-up and brew your own d*mn coffee, ya snowflake!

4. Icemaned -Ruth Beto Ginsburg
    Posted February 21, 2019 at 8:22 am |

Another minute and he would have gone all Donner Party and ate himself.

5. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted February 21, 2019 at 8:48 am |

Five’ll getcha ten he already bought his sbux double-triple soy latte inside TT, then thought up his cunning little stunt.

…wait. SoyBoy just got up? at noon??!?

6. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted February 21, 2019 at 11:15 am |

Your Mr Duffy would be in his 80s or 90s (if he’s still with us), and he’d probably still be able to kick this pathetic pussy the length of Broadway just for laughs.

7. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted February 21, 2019 at 12:17 pm |

Sadly, he passed this past November after outlasting his cancer prognosis by a year. He wouldn’t take any pain medication and found his way to the mailbox every afternoon until 4 days before he finally let go.

8. Nomen Nescio
    Posted February 21, 2019 at 2:39 pm |

^ thanks!
    I was all teed up to do the old nice warm pussy hat messing up his hair joke and then, bamm, you go oh, by the way, my friend died a couple months ago.
    Just… thanks.

9. MikeAZ
    Posted February 22, 2019 at 5:17 am |

It is the quite hero’s who return home from their particular hell and live out their lives with little notice or fanfare that are missed the most. Belated prayers for Mr. Duffy and his family.

10. SondraK, Queen of SondraKistan
    Posted February 22, 2019 at 9:40 am |

I never much cared for my mailman until I started noticing that he’d wait for Mr. Duffy ( who never understood why I referred to him as ” Mr. Duffy” and not “Joe” out of respect ) every day to come out to chat while retrieving his mail…
    After his passing I thanked him for that. We talked about that battle and how neither of us knew anything about it until the last couple years…it’s not talked about much. Mr. Duffy was a bad. ass.