sad

Hope it was just an accident,
not some people did something
_____
Story-1
Story-2
Story-3

Not quite as sad, but still…

Twin Towers
This image got me in the gut

Barry does his usual me me me thing

1. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted April 15, 2019 at 5:04 pm |

“some people” doing “something” is my first thought; pour encourager les autres.

Heartbreaking.

2. Posted April 15, 2019 at 5:18 pm |

Tragic. The spire, alone was older than our nation. If this was an accident, then the carelessness is beyond belief. The damage, incalculable.

3. jlw
    Posted April 15, 2019 at 6:20 pm |

re: your update…this, too

Dream Big, Work Hard, Get ‘er Next Time

Posted April 15, 2019 at 6:42 pm |

I was disgusted by commenters on the Fox website turning this sad event into a political one, mostly anti-Trumpers alluding as to how we would immediately blame muzzies and why couldn’t Trump save it.
    My first thought was a careless cigarette, sloppy temporary electrical work, or welding/soldering procedures on the lead roof caused it. I guess there was no after work fire watch with appropriate equipment and comms to guard against that.

What’s sad is those 800 year-old timbers are gone, and there are no more of those to rebuild a monument to thousands of laborers and skilled artisans who worked millions of hours over centuries to build that. I can only hope the magnificent rose windows were not damaged.

5. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted April 15, 2019 at 7:59 pm |

(A bit OT, but isn’t is amazing how quickly and totally “man-caused disasters” has given way to “some people did something”?

Trump isn’t the only one erasing Zero’s legacy…)

6. Stick
    Posted April 16, 2019 at 5:36 am |

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
    Corinthians 5:1

Posted April 16, 2019 at 11:16 am |

Limbaugh noted that there have been 1,045 instances of church vandalism and nine churches burned in the past two years, with no similar instances in mosques or synagogues, all with supposedly no muzzie involvement. Hmmmm.. I’m not clear whether that was just in the Paris metro area or all of France, but seeing the activities in the muzzie no-go banlieus of Paris, one has to wonder.
    48 hour rule to see what the authorities Macron metrosexuals find out cover up.

8. drew458
    Posted April 16, 2019 at 11:51 am |

Wow, shocking graphic. I’d never thought about it, but there are two clouds of smoke that we instantly recognize. The other one is from the Challenger disaster.

Posted April 16, 2019 at 11:55 am |

[Before the fire] “Experts said that the building needed a £129.5million (€150million) restoration, but the state had only offered €40million.”
    Makes me wonder how much the #@$%$# Macaronis spend supporting the unemployable muzzie invader deadbeats.