The logic, it burrrns

Depends on what the meaning of “life” is.
Apply the term “innocent life” and re-think

It’s kind’a like recognizing the difference
between “immigrant” and “illegal immigrant”

The Left’s arguments only work when their terms are sufficiently ambiguous
so as to permit arguing about other than the actual question at hand
_____
Story

1. Veeshir
    Posted May 17, 2019 at 8:19 pm |

The Left’s arguments only work when their words are sufficiently ambiguous

Their destruction of the English language bothers me, and not just over idiocies like that or conflating ‘immigrant’ and ‘illegal immigrant’.
    Each edition of the Newspeak dictionary further ambiguates the language so I stopped paying attention when ‘black’ changed to ‘African-American’.
    I still use ‘oriental’ and ‘mentally retarded’ for instance.
    ‘Asian’ covers a whole lot more peoples than those with an epicanthic fold and ‘differently-abled’ means people missing limbs, paralyzed people and the mentally retarded.
    Their depredations don’t facilitate communication, which is the whole reason we have language in the first place.

Posted May 17, 2019 at 9:36 pm |

It’s kind’a like recognizing the difference
    between “immigrant” and “illegal immigrant”

One little nit: Colonel, being not as gentlemanly as you, I’d step it up a little from “illegal immigrant” to “alien invader” for those who sneak across our borders or “illegal alien” for those tens of thousands of our illegals who overstayed their student, work and tourist visas.

That Sarsour and her ilk can believe it’s OK to kill an innocent baby and at the same time be against capital punishment for heinous crimes without struggling with cognitive dissonance, says to me they are either grossly stupid or else evil people who will do anything for power, ala Lenin, Stalin, or Mao.

If they can’t hear the logical disconnect, then the words should be written on a wooden stake and driven into their ears.
    I’ve gotten to hate the unsalvageable Left.

3. Dave
    Posted May 17, 2019 at 9:37 pm |

While I do recognize the right of the state to try and execute criminals for certain crimes I have become pro-life for murderers as well as the unborn.
    Just think if all unborn humans got the same trial as anyone else who gets the death penalty.

4. Dr. Jay
    Posted May 18, 2019 at 3:28 am |

Most of the Left’s arguments sound like they’re sermonizing during a sugar high . . . their vast knowledge of the forest has blinded them to the trees, methinks.

5. Posted May 18, 2019 at 3:46 am |

^^^^ Veeshir
    The left has been monkeying (can I say that?) with the language for many decades. I don’t remember the early stages of realizing it, but I do remember that I didn’t like it – and despise it, and them, today.

6. DougM (a 20th-Century guy)
    Posted May 18, 2019 at 1:02 pm |

Veeshir ^1
    For the record: I edited that line for clarity just a tad before I read your comment this afternoon. Reckon I never expect to be quoted.
    Still a yep.

Dick ^2
    I was goin’ for the cold logic, not the outrage;
    but, yeah, I like the stake thing.

Dave ^3
    As with Dick, I was goin’ for the logic.
    I’m not a big fan of execution, but I see its necessity in certain situations.
    I look at it loosely as law-abiding society using self-defense:
    deadly force is a last-resort kind of thing to prevent death or
    grievous bodily harm of an innocent victim.
    Because of the lack of wisdom and justice in the World’s judgery,
    I get uncomfortable with the idea of using it for revenge or as a warning;
    but I ain’t no saint about it. Some folks just need killin’.

7. Veeshir
    Posted May 18, 2019 at 8:24 pm |

Future historians are gonna be confused. “Why is that bolded?”