Nature is a cruel tease

_____
Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

1. jlw
    Posted September 5, 2019 at 1:34 pm |

how are YOU doing in south central NC?

we porch dwellers need to know.

2. DougM (speak three names)
    Posted September 5, 2019 at 1:48 pm |

^ Thanks for the thought.
    On the map above, I’m at the white dot in south-central NC.
    So far, just light rain and light winds is all.
    I don’t expect any drama.

3. Nomen Nescio
    Posted September 5, 2019 at 3:08 pm |

^ but… We’re all gonna die!!

4. TheBigHarry
    Posted September 5, 2019 at 3:19 pm |

60 miles north-northwest of that white dot and its only been partly cloudy with a light breeze.

5. Blake
    Posted September 5, 2019 at 7:52 pm |

If Dorian makes a sudden hook into Martha’s Vineyard, all of those jackasses were hoping Mar a Lago would get hit, it would prove the “Trump Effect” is real.

6. Veeshir
    Posted September 5, 2019 at 10:11 pm |

I try not to revel in others’ misfortune, but schaden can be the best freude.

7. accipiterNW
    Posted September 6, 2019 at 6:57 pm |

If it misses the Vineyard, what are the chances Dorian can skip on up to wipe out half of Greenland?…

Yeah, not very likely. Except!…we are to believe that the oceans are warming…. and Trump controls the weather- sure as the Reynolds Wrap hat on my head.

So we can expect the US led international “relief” invasion in about a week?

(Wonders how many antifa divisions Greenland has)

Posted September 6, 2019 at 8:36 pm |

^(Wonders how many antifa divisions Greenland has)
    Probably none. There aren’t any Momma’s basements in Greenland.

9. DougM (speak three names)
    Posted September 6, 2019 at 9:15 pm |

I made kind’a light of the hurricane to point out some jackassery;
    but I feel for the victims, especially the Bahamians.

I spent many months of the Winters of ’92-’94 enjoying my post-retirement sailing fix there — the islands had recovered from another devastating hurricane and the end of the drugocracy just a couple years earlier. Their governor sounds like a capable guy, so I hope they return to something resembling normalcy soon.

10. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted September 7, 2019 at 8:47 am |

NN@3 – I think it’s being framed as our duty to die

then again; with no meat, no straws, no cars, no lights, no InnarToobz, no books, no speech and no freakin’ idea… meh.

11. Drew458
    Posted September 7, 2019 at 9:15 am |

accipiterNW – and if there’s anything left after Greenland, Dorian can visit Iceland, once VP Pence has left. “100mph winds rip rainbow flags and protesters to shreds!”

Can we get a video of Pres Trump drawing the new path on a map with a sharpie, and then it happens? That would be magical.