Sometimes, y’gotta wait for it to play out a bit

Turkey’s Erdogan fights Syrians, wants to destroy Kurds.
Trump withdraws US forces from between them.
Erdogan gleefully attacks Kurds.
US prepares for sanctions against Turkey.
Erdogan finds Turkey isolated, surrounded by old enemies, and sanctions looming.
Erdogan asks Trump to mediate peace talks between Turks and Kurds.

Sometimes,
y’gotta change a belligerent’s perception of his own best interests

(What? Oh, yeah. Waitin’ a bit longer to see how this plays out before thinking it has a chance to succeed, though)
_____
Story

_____
Blake comment #3 for independently beating me to it
Picked up by Pookie’s Toons

1. Posted October 16, 2019 at 4:43 pm |

Great post – yer on a roll!

2. Veeshir
    Posted October 16, 2019 at 7:09 pm |

I was unsure on how to feel.
    On one hand, the Kurds have been good to us
    On another hand, every faction in Syria is full of crazed, violent terrorists.
    On another hand, the same old crap isn’t working and really never worked in the middle east.
    On another hand, I liked the idea of Sultan Erdogan getting into a brouhaha with Tsar Putin’s chinless tsarling in Syria.
    I do know I never wanted us in Syria in the first place. My plan was to send all different flavors of jihadi and give them each an AK and an RPG when they got there. Sending Erdogan’s troops seemed like a good idea, get that bucket of scorpions aimed at someone besides us and Israel

I’ve also found that Trump always has a plan. Unlike his predecessor who was an idiot

3. Blake
    Posted October 16, 2019 at 7:45 pm |

^Veeshir, if Congress wants the US to go to war, then Congress can damn well declare war, as is their prerogative and responsibility.

Instead these dolts want PDT to take all the blame for the dead bodies coming home from an undeclared war, because they’re too afraid to actually do what needs to be done, if they’re truly worried about the Kurds.

Congress in the form of Schumer and Pelosi are playing politics using the blood of our dead soldiers.

4. Veeshir
    Posted October 16, 2019 at 8:07 pm |

^Yeah, forgot about the another hand where the Dems use dead Americans as political props.
    In my defense, they do that the way I breathe, constantly and with a wheezing sound.

5. DougM (speak three names)
    Posted October 16, 2019 at 9:15 pm |

Blake ^^
    GMTA
    I just saw your comment, right after I posted my UPDATE.
    Looks like you beat my Ps start time by an hour or so,
    so I’ll grudgingly give ya the gold star.

6. Blake
    Posted October 17, 2019 at 5:54 am |

^Well, thank you, Doug. I would admit, though, your picture is quite edifying and, shall we say, packs a punch?

7. blake
    Posted October 17, 2019 at 7:09 am |

^^Veeshir, my apologies if I came across as a bit harsh.

The current shenanigans of Congress aggravates me to no end and I tend to be a bit short when it comes to this subject.

8. MikeAZ
    Posted October 18, 2019 at 6:16 am |

The good news, if there is any good news coming from that particular sh*thole, is that no Americans are being killed over something we can’t fix. At any given point for a century or more, everyone involved has been with us or against us, not because it served our interests, but because it served theirs.

9. DougM (speak three names)
    Posted October 18, 2019 at 12:01 pm |

^

True, always true.
    Some of our leadership don’t get it or don’t want to admit it.