Well, the weekend’s officially begun, so standards have eased, as usual

1. MikeAZ
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 7:26 am |

Looking at the left side of the pictures, somethings come to mind. First, when it comes to pomp and whatnot, the our Brit cousins have it all over us. Nancy and her congressional play-date kids look so drab.

Second, I remember hearing for the past couple weeks that as part of protocol, the Articles were to be placed in a “cherry wood or mahogany” box to be carried to the senate. So what happened?

Finally, that picture on the left needs something, maybe a coffin. Yeah, a coffin! They could get a mahogany one, put the Articles in it, and label it “Democrat Future.”

2. Posted January 18, 2020 at 9:10 am |

The photo on the left….in my old age my eyes have finally failed me….the woman with the Articles of Impeachment…I could have SWORN that Nancy Pelosi was an old WHITE woman!

3. rickn8or
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 11:16 am |

I’m surprised they didn’t break the Ark of the Covenant out of the warehouse to carry the Articles.

But yeah, American politicians trying to do pomp is pretty much a distant second to our Bri’ish cousins.

4. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 3:14 pm |

The pomp is inadequate, and the circumstances pathetic.

For this occasion. I think Elgar would have come up with something like this.

5. Nomen Nescio
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 4:27 pm |

The blonde at the end of the procession kinda reminds me of the janitor at the end of the Mr. Peabody’s Fractured History Parade. Anybody else remember?

6. DougM (used to be somebody)
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 6:11 pm |

Nomen @5
    Also, yes (haven’t used that template for a while)
    Clearly, you’ve had a healthy childhood cultural upbringing.

7. sortah
    Posted January 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm |

It’s nice to see Nadler the Hutt not leading with his chin.

8. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted January 20, 2020 at 11:03 am |

Yeah. Where was NannyPee?
    Walk of shame too far?

9. Thunderbottom
    Posted January 20, 2020 at 6:16 pm |

What the procession in the left picture needed was a little car from which all those clowns would have exited (would have loved to watch Jerry Nadler trying to get out of that thing).