Think of it as routinely pumping-out a septic tank

_____
Story

Posted February 10, 2020 at 2:11 pm |

In most administrations, this is done at the beginning, However, with the RINOs and never trumpers, the qualified replacement candidates were hard to find. Maybe some current and future occupants will have some decorum, loyalty, and respect for the boss and his employers.

2. Veeshir
    Posted February 10, 2020 at 2:43 pm |

I wish that wasn’t so funny.

I have been a proponent of firung everybody in the DO”J” above GS–12 and replacing them with the folks at Judicial Watch but failing that, there aren’t many loyal and respectful people around these days.

Posted February 10, 2020 at 8:31 pm |

What Veeshir said – and a 25% RIF across the board.

4. Posted February 11, 2020 at 2:13 am |

^1 mech

Many years ago I was in a position to fill some administrative assistant positions and I noticed that whenever I asked a potential candidate what their “favorite” part of the admin job was they would ALL say “doing Powerpoints” – they liked the creativity part and the simple fact that much of their job was tedious and mundane like data entry (I often had to point out that doing Powerpoints was about 2% of the job).

These Obama holdovers and Government Party types in these bureaucratic roles are bored out of their bloody minds when their like-minded pea brains are serving a common goal oriented Obama but give them a chance to UNDERMINE an enemy like a Trump? Hell, that’s like being able to do 3 months worth of Powerpoints!

5. MikeAZ
    Posted February 11, 2020 at 6:30 am |

It’s not just Dems or Reps, the biggest problem with keeping holdovers from a previous administration is that ALL of them have been spoiled by life at the top in Washington.

They get gummint cars and parking spaces, and perks up the butt. They get invited to dinners and other functions which gives them a reason to rub elbows with similar people and to wear tuxes and designer gowns.

Most of them, the vast majority, I’m afraid, got their jobs or appointments not because they have bold, fresh, new ideas to further advance out great nation, but because they either delivered money or votes to the party or the newly elected boss. Once they’re in their taxpayer funded office, with their taxpayer funded staff, and their taxpayer funded, ever increasing budget, their job is done. Some may decide they want to move up higher in the stagnation ladder, but most will be content to remain where they are, keeping their heads down and their appointment calendars full.

If I were to ever decide to run for high office, the moment I decided to announce, I would immediately begin to look for trusted people to become department heads, and I would instruct then to do the same to build their potential staff. Should the world be turned on it’s ear and I were elected, my acceptance speech would include a warning to the current appointed department heads and staff, that I expected their letters of resignation and current resumes on my desk by noon on Inauguration Day. And four years later, I would repeat the process.

New Prez, new staff, new ideas.

6. Moses Lambert
    Posted February 11, 2020 at 11:54 am |

Ahem – It’s spelled “replaced”…

7. DougM (just entertainin' myself in this here sandbox)
    Posted February 11, 2020 at 12:00 pm |

Moses ^
    D’oh!
    Thanks, glad somebody’s payin’ attention

8. Bruce
    Posted February 12, 2020 at 4:59 am |

Your “headline” brings to mind the words attributed to Irma Bombeck:

“The grass is always greener over the septic tank, but it’s greenest over the mass graves”.

9. Jess
    Posted February 13, 2020 at 7:01 am |

Bureaucrats are like a dead animal in closed car. No matter what you do, the smell will never go away, and the problem becomes permanent.