I miss the Sunday funny papers

Yeah, got me some trust issues, here

Couldn’t decide which joke to use, so you get both

Aussie goes all DougM on a ChiCom consulate

(What? Well… I have the hat & whip & political attitude, anyway)

Gettiin’ bored, so teachin’ myself to bake

UPDATE: on the Venezuelan navy sinking itself (w/vid and snarky thread)
Question: does a civilian vessel raise a broom to her masthead or
paint the enemy vessel’s silhouette on her flying bridge?

_____
Story (NYC)
Story (UK-1)
Story (UK-2)
Story (Netherlands)
#1 picked up by Pookie’s Toons

1. TheBigHarry
    Posted April 5, 2020 at 4:18 pm |

He reminds me of the Kelly’s on my wife’s side of the family. Xenophobic? No, they ain’t fraid of nobody.

2. DougM ☞crotchety and judgmental☜
    Posted April 5, 2020 at 4:26 pm |

^ And being anti-communist is not xenophobic.
    Wishing for the end of the ChiCom regime shows nothing but love for the Chinese people of whichever of their multitude of ethnicities

3. TheBigHarry
    Posted April 5, 2020 at 7:40 pm |

Xi may have said, “Cha bu duo.”
    For more than you’d ever want to know about Cha bu duo: https://aeon.co/essays/what-chinese-corner-cutting-reveals-about-modernity

4. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted April 5, 2020 at 8:13 pm |

Silhouette.

Definitely the silhouette.

Posted April 5, 2020 at 8:49 pm |

If charter boats out of Oregon and Hatteras Inlets catch a marlin, on the way back to dock they fly a pennant with a marlin silhouette denoting their success.
    Perhaps the Resolute should fly a gunboat/patrol boat/frigate pennant.
    Avast thar matey, what’s the most you’ve bagged on one trip?

6. DougM ☞crotchety and judgmental☜
    Posted April 5, 2020 at 10:57 pm |

dick ^
    We caught a nice Venezuelan patrol vessel,
    [holds arms out to show how big it was]
    but we threw it back

7. Paul
    Posted April 6, 2020 at 8:19 am |

Paint a Venezuela boat on the superstructure!!!

Posted April 6, 2020 at 7:32 pm |

As to the Chicom sub-par med equipment – no surprise.
    Look at Amazon reviews of anything made in China and you’ll find 15-35% one and two star ratings, which means it’s unreliable junk.
    Selling unreliable junk for a medical setting is criminal, and the lying middleman and/or vendor should be prosecuted harshly.
    My 20 year-old former West German exchange student and I were standing at the Brandenburg Gate just after the wall came down, looking east into dirty ghetto beyond which was once a beautiful city. He said something profound for one so young:
    “The goddamned Communists fuck up everything. I hate them.”
    Same goes for commies everywhere. They fuck up everything.