Posting may be light…

…the iHammock beckons,
but I might get a little surfing in
NOTE: my tribal name is Wolf that Naps

_____
Story (Melania’s PSA)
#2 picked up by Pookie’s Toons

Posted April 9, 2020 at 5:21 pm |

Yes, they certainly are.

(Her eyes, up there)

2. Kw
    Posted April 10, 2020 at 12:30 am |

Still smoking hot

3. Posted April 10, 2020 at 7:48 am |

She even makes those damn masks look good!

4. TheBigHarry
    Posted April 10, 2020 at 11:05 am |

Enjoy the hammock Doug, Commie Cooper just issued more Whereasses to justify another round of 30 day business killing regulations.

5. Posted April 11, 2020 at 7:47 am |

Two things I’d like to see before I die (somebody better get busy, I’m getting up there in years.)

1. A comparison of what we as a nation are accomplishing by doing the things we’re doing to fight CHINA FLU and what we might have accomplished if we did nothing (think: we currently have this here American Regular Flu going around and we are responding with NOTHING!)
    2. I would like to see the Supremes take up all these emergency proclamations at all levels of government and issue a general instruction as to their constitutionality. I see people being cited, some arrested, fined, because they chose to practice their religion, or freedom to go where they please, or meet others as they desire, all in accordance with our Constitution; where do these despotic wannabees come off telling us how, or where, or when, or with who, I can practice my religion? Or free speech?

(This second point was triggered when some piss-ant little mayor down in Mississippi made the statement that HIS imperial proclamations superseded a local pastor’s First Amendment Right of Freedom of Religion.)

6. DougM ☞crotchety and judgmental☜
    Posted April 11, 2020 at 9:37 am |

Mike ^
    Wellp, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

It’s the eternal American dilemma: how much individual liberty should one cede under circumstances requiring a collective defense, how do you prevent those loaned liberties from being taken permanently, and how do you handle abuses by petty tyrants?

I don’t think there’s an easy answer, but enforcing the Constitution is certainly a big part of that, and having a good supply of ammo can’t hurt.

7. DougM ☞crotchety and judgmental☜
    Posted April 11, 2020 at 11:09 am |

Mike ^^
    I’m encouraged by this attitude at the top, anyway