Everybody still here?

_____
Story (2019)
Story (AOC, aaand quickly deleted that post)
Story (home schooling)
Story (school indoctrination)
Source (school)
#4 picked up by Pookie’s Toons

1. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted April 20, 2020 at 2:13 pm |

Say, it’s 4/20/2020… Izzat, uhm, mean something?

…or something?

2. TheBigHarry
    Posted April 20, 2020 at 2:19 pm |

Clair, in Michigan this is the day you can smoke grass but you can’t cut you own.

DougM, I think Mary Hopkin would agree – Those were the days.

3. logdogsmith
    Posted April 20, 2020 at 2:51 pm |

I’m still reading the posts every day or so, just not much to comment lately.

Posted April 20, 2020 at 4:37 pm |

Lurking off and on here, Boss.

5. Lyle
    Posted April 20, 2020 at 5:05 pm |

Lost/Forgot password. I was DesertLiberty back when.

6. Lyle
    Posted April 20, 2020 at 5:11 pm |

No, LostLiberty…Tryin ta remember the email address. Sheez, my mind is slipping.

7. DougM ☞crotchety and judgmental☜
    Posted April 20, 2020 at 6:27 pm |

^ Lyle’s okay by me:

8. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted April 20, 2020 at 7:18 pm |

… a worker-led mass investment in green infrastructure to save our planet

Any chance AOC is somehow related to Dennis the Peasant?

9. Dave
    Posted April 20, 2020 at 7:31 pm |

Still here, I was in Olympia Sunday. Reminded me of the Tea Party days.
    I’d post a picture but apparently that is above my pay grade.

Posted April 20, 2020 at 8:29 pm |

Yeah, still here in the New Democrat People’s Republic of Virginia, with His Lordship Guvnor Blackface, creating new voting rights and voters out of his ass an’ steppin’ all over the Constitution every day, but he does have a nice fresh haircut.

11. Posted April 21, 2020 at 3:53 am |

Still out here in the hinterlands…we get off the leash to go golfing this week!

What could possibly be next? Access to designer pints of ice cream??

“shaking the bush here Boss”

12. rickn8or
    Posted April 21, 2020 at 9:28 am |

… a worker-led mass investment in green infrastructure to save our planet

I’m just going to start calling her “Sandy One-Note”.

13. Veeshir
    Posted April 21, 2020 at 10:14 am |

If Green Infrastructure was viable it wouldn’t need decades of gov’t subsidies.
    Remember, Green Science! is neither.

14. Nomen Nescio
    Posted April 21, 2020 at 11:58 am |

^*throws flag*
    Illegal use of an exclamation point. The word Science can only be punctuated with a question mark. Cause Science always questions, and must always be questioned.
    Otherwise it must be replaced with the word Dogma.

“Green Dogma!”
    Better.

15. Posted April 21, 2020 at 12:05 pm |

I’m ALWAYS here. Sometimes I’m actually aware of it.

Just got back from a trip into the Badlands to pick up some meds. No mask, no gloves, no hand sanitizer. Just me, Old Age, and guts.

Something dawned on me while I was out foraging. Living here in the desert, the temps will soon exceed 100 degrees on a daily basis. Unlike Governor Doofus, who has air conditioning every where he goes, even in his Official Doofusmoblie limo, protected by heavily armed State Police, a lot of us “endangered” Elders aren’t so lucky.

For years, we have depended on our ability to seek out air conditioned spaces, such as fast food joints and shopping malls, where we can bask in cool, life-saving climate that someone else is paying for while we share a large cola for hours.

So for the love of God, Senior Governor, open the public spaces, or deal with old, dead people, frying like eggs on the summer sidewalks.

16. Veeshir
    Posted April 21, 2020 at 12:08 pm |

^^ That was my point.
    Green Science! is neither (green nor science).

17. Thunderbottom
    Posted April 21, 2020 at 4:28 pm |

Still here, Boss. Yeah – AOC said, since oil is so cheap that oil producers are paying people to take it, let’s spend our money instead on prohibitively expensive and unreliable wind and solar power! And this young woman got a degree in economics from Boston University?! BU should refund her tuition.

18. DougM ☞crotchety and judgmental☜
    Posted April 21, 2020 at 7:05 pm |

Tb ^
    I suspect they both got exactly what they both wanted

19. Thunderbottom
    Posted April 21, 2020 at 7:54 pm |

^18., Doug M: Yeah, guess you’re right – she got credentials (“I’m sma-a-a-aht – see dis paper?”) and BU got her money.

20. DougM ☞crotchety and judgmental☜
    Posted April 23, 2020 at 5:25 pm |

Harry @2
    I just looked-up Mary Hopkin
    I bow to your cultural knowledge

21. TheBigHarry
    Posted April 23, 2020 at 7:23 pm |

DoudM @ 20
    What can I say, just memories from my Junior High days.
    Knowledge of a culture lived is easier to recall and harder to be lied to about.

22. Posted April 24, 2020 at 1:37 am |

^ TheBigHarry

It made my day (rather, early morning) to see your reference to “Junior High”….so thank you.

I believe the beginning of the spiraling downward of our country can be pinpointed to the year the term “middle school” was coined.