ThOuGhTs from CaliZuela

and a *facepalm*

Of late I’ve had a growing sense of deep unease. Now, I know full well that I tend toward the oppositional defiant in that I will resist any and all efforts to make me join in on sing-alongs, wear the latest trendy gear, or drink any kool-aide of any flavor. This ain’t that.

Every time I hear someone express genuine fear of this virus thing or discomfort at those who are encouraging the bureaucrats to open the economy not penalize Americans for moving about freely, I feel a little frizzon of fear. This is not fear of the virus nor fear of overly power-hungry bureaucrats: it is fear of my fellow citizens who, for the sake of a little perceived safety will readily, willingly, hungrily turn over control of their lives to other people; not based upon demonstrated reason or elucidated evidence but purely because of job title.

What you’ve done has made an abject mockery of the idea we have God-given, unassailable rights. Instead what we have are permissions from our political betters.

That kinda rubs me the worng way. I feel alone.

This *fella’s “5 facts” are points I’ve pondered:

The overwhelming majority of people do not have any significant risk of dying from COVID-19 ChiCom BatLab “OOpsie”Flu[lest we forget].

Fact 2: Protecting older, at-risk people eliminates hospital overcrowding.

Fact 3: Vital population immunity is prevented by total isolation policies, prolonging the problem.

Fact 4: People are dying because other medical care is not getting done due to hypothetical projections.

Complete elucidated evidence and demonstrated reason at the linky.

Example: consider Fact 3 above. Now consider the NY Gov.’s ‘bar’ to be reached before he will stop pensalizing Americans for pursuing Life, Liberty and The Persuit of Happiness [or economic independnce].

Governor Andrew Cuomo said the three keys to opening up the economy is testing, tracing, and isolating people. Cuomo says if people test positive for coronavirus, there needs to be a “tracing army,” as he calls it, tracing all the contacts of that positive person, and then putting those people in isolation [by force, it is assumed?] so no other people are infected.

“NO other people will be infected.” So all of a sudden, under cover of darkness, we’ve dumped the “flatten the curve so as to not overwhelm the medical system” rationale excuse and now our goal is to be “Zero Infections”??!? So that when the virus does come back, as they all do, we will be completely vulnerable and have to give the economy another shot in the head. Cloward Piven, anyone?

“Coincidentally,” CaliZuela has the same ‘Plan” which, being the kewl kid on the block, it has convinced the other two Left Coast states to go along with. It seems to weird that PrettyPrettyGavin cannot see that killing the economy of CaliZuela will make him a] a laughingstock among pols worldwide and b] NOT eligible to run for POTUS next round. Maybe his Auntie Nanny told him it’ll all be okay. Because $13 ice cream makes nice dreams.

The rest of us will all join the Hmeless residents of JunkieTown to whom the freedom of movement, no business dealings, wear a mask always restrictions do not apply. …as stated in the regulations. But that unequal treatment of people under The Law is a discussion for another day.

1. Veeshir
    Posted April 26, 2020 at 1:53 pm |

I left NY long ago because they like the gov’t they have.
    I had a conversation with my sister, who is not an idiot, about licensing people who wash hair at hair cutteries.
    She’s in favor of it. Just because any idiot can wash hair and that the costs to businesses and hair washers associated with getting a license makes it uneconomic and thus sharply reduces jobs and services, doesn’t matter.
    That’s why NY is so boned and why I don’t even like visiting. You can feel your freedom flowing away.
    I just wish they’d learn a lesson when they leave the economic devastation for better places.

2. Max
    Posted April 26, 2020 at 4:36 pm |

Mayo Clinic, one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world, announced the furloughing or reducing of salaries for 30,000 employees, 40 percent of its employees nationwide. It’s not coronavirus shutting down these hospitals, because none of their locations, especially in Minnesota, are in particularly high coronavirus outbreak areas. It’s the arbitrary orders from governors to shut down numerous procedures and checkups for chronically ill patients, as well as the panic they have sown in the public.

Ain’t government-run healthcare grand?

3. Terentia
    Posted April 26, 2020 at 6:00 pm |

Sorry. I bumped the screen on the wrong place. Even those people who recognize the manipulation and underlying politics are still complying with even the most stupid instructions.

4. Terentia
    Posted April 26, 2020 at 6:03 pm |

Let’s try this again. Don’t feel alone. This has been the most frightening thing about the situation. People’s eagerness to give up all freedom. Even those who understand the manipulation and politics underlying the “rules” are still willing to comply with even the most stupid instructions.

5. rick9911
    Posted April 26, 2020 at 6:06 pm |

Oregon here. Resisting this bullshit as much as possible. Very few are with me. Most are terrified.

6. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted April 27, 2020 at 7:20 am |

Thanks y’all. That’s why I posted this: spread the idea and move the Overton Window back.

The more I talk with people, the more I find people who are Over This™… ambiguities be damned.

7. kinlaw
    Posted April 27, 2020 at 9:10 am |

Thanks Claire.

I live in Ventura county, which is not as bad as LA, and people are out at the parks, so I don’t know if we have the same lock down rules. But peeps here are over it too.

I can’t believe the guv of Cali thinks this is going to end well for him. Where will the money come from?

8. Todd Wyborney
    Posted April 27, 2020 at 11:50 am |

Interesting that with all of the COVID(Wuhan Flu) deaths, the total death rate from flu-like symptoms is actually down.
    “But, even at the end of March, the percentage of all deaths recorded as being caused by pneumonia or influenza was still below the level recorded in late 2017.”
    Hmmmm?!

9. Blake
    Posted April 27, 2020 at 3:39 pm |

Claire: We now have answer to the parlor game, “Who Goes Nazi?”

My wife and I have already engaged in some civil disobedience through, gasp, unauthorized travel! (Okay, well, we authorized it duly authentic Americans)

Anyway, Guv Goodhair PPG is trying to tank things to the point CA gets a bailout. Won’t work, though, I think, because PDT will draw the line. Or, he’ll demand a quid pro quo.

10. Posted April 28, 2020 at 6:11 am |

Does anyone know if/how Covid-19 effected “Newsome’s Folly,” the high-speed train to nowhere? Is construction continuing? Have the construction workers been deemed “essential” in order to keep Newsome’s tribute to himself from falling even further behind schedule?

11. OldFert
    Posted April 28, 2020 at 8:04 pm |

Here in Georgia, if everything is closed and only essential persons going to work, there sure is a lot of traffic out there.

12. Max
    Posted April 29, 2020 at 9:29 pm |

^6: plus points for the Overton Window mention!