Sunday’s whose bright idea was this?

(What? Hey yeahhh, she does have only three fingers on each hand, just like…)
_____
Story
Note: Was gonna do this yesterday; but I figgered the joke was so obvious, it’d be done to death elsewhere.
Well, it wasn’t, so you’re stuck with my version

Good, there is anotherSondraK

1. Posted May 18, 2020 at 5:11 am |

^Doug
    So the dimocrats are now the party of science fiction?

2. Posted May 18, 2020 at 5:52 am |

Haven’t they always been based on fiction?

3. rickn8or
    Posted May 18, 2020 at 6:34 am |

“Glamour” and “Stacey Abrams” do not belong in the same sentence.

Posted May 18, 2020 at 6:57 am |

The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms” or “The Creature From the Black Lagoon Ghetto” come to mind also.

She seems dumb as a stump – how did she get to be mayor of a major city?

Same as Representative Hank Johnson.
    Oh… yeah.

5. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted May 18, 2020 at 7:41 am |

Whoinhell thought this was a good idea??! What would it take to convince you to do such a shot [cuz I believe they did need her cooperation...? riiight?]

Yeesh. She wants to be in charge of my life but she ain’t even in charge of her own…

aaah da heck wid it.

6. TheBigHarry
    Posted May 18, 2020 at 7:55 am |

What she heard: They believe I can fly.
    What was said: Take a flying leap.

7. Veeshir
    Posted May 18, 2020 at 8:53 am |

I thought Gigantor getting ready to blast off when I first saw that shot.

Of course, the day before I was bored and watched a Gigantor episode so it was fresh in my head.

8. Posted May 18, 2020 at 10:04 am |

I wore a cape, too. When I was 5. Playing Superman. (I knew I wasn’t really him.)

Same for Zorro, too, at 9 or 10.

I somehow managed to outgrow both.

9. Posted May 18, 2020 at 11:08 am |

^5 Claire:

Whoinhell thought this was a good idea??!

Speaking from a point of sobriety (after all, it is before lunch on a Monday,) I would direct your attention to someone on her campaign staff who is looking to spend as much political donations as they can, and I would look to the photographer, most likely another screaming Liberal, who sees no problem with taking big checks from any source. After all, soft focus and clouds of smoke can make even Stacy Abrams look almost good.

10. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted May 18, 2020 at 12:36 pm |

‘Blots out the sun’ was my first reaction,
    but that joke had already been made

…and blotting out the sun is actually not that hard to do

11. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted May 18, 2020 at 12:45 pm |

leelu @8
    Didn’t we all?
    One of us even donned their towel cape and flew off the porch roof into a big snow drift.
    Taught me that I prob’ly wasn’t bullet-proof, either.

12. Todd Wyborney
    Posted May 18, 2020 at 2:12 pm |

Dick,
    Never was Mayor as far as I see. Straight from State District Rep to Governor candidate.
    Tax Attorney;
    Deputy City Attorney(Atlanta);
    GA House District 89
    … that’s all folks….

Posted May 18, 2020 at 2:54 pm |

^Thanks for the enlightenment. My senior moment brain ID’ed her as former mayor Atlanta.

14. Posted May 19, 2020 at 7:52 am |

Doug: I had a costume, as a Christmas present.

I remember a disclosure in the box reminding new owners that the costume didn’t really make them Superman.

Looking back, guessing some poor kid tried something stupid, and the parents sued.

Seems they had lawyers in the ’50s, too.