Soothsayers unemployed

☟ Previously, on KisP ☟ »
_____
Story (MI dam)
Story (Milano)

1. TheBigHarry
    Posted May 23, 2020 at 3:13 pm |

(Man off to the side clears throat, covers mouth with hand, raises eyebrows, whispers, “2002?” and coughs again)

Posted May 23, 2020 at 3:59 pm |

“I’m so grateful to have these three outstanding ladies by my side…”

A coven of witches, three of ‘em halfway down the page.

Posted May 23, 2020 at 4:01 pm |

I just read the whole page.
    That smug bitch has more Me, My and I than Buraq in his heyday.

4. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted May 23, 2020 at 8:49 pm |

Harry @1
    Thanks, fixed it

5. TheBigHarry
    Posted May 24, 2020 at 12:02 am |

Milano followed up to inform “assholes” that within her mask is a PM2.5 filter.
    PM2.5 filters stop particles 2.5 microns and larger.
    COVID air born particles are 0.06 microns to 0.14 microns.
    So basically using a PM2.5 filer to stop COVID particles is like trying to catch a sparrow with a hula hoop.
    But don’t tell that to the four people who, I’m guessing, live in the same house, are wearing masks inside a car, because only an “asshole” would do that.

6. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted May 24, 2020 at 1:12 pm |

^ “Stopping mosquitoes with a chain-link fence”

Not a medic, but I always assumed that the mask was mainly to stop mist and droplets that the bugs ride on, not the actual germ/virus itself. Dunno

I just use some of my old stock of shop masks used to remove odors, organic vapors, toxic airborne particles, and dust (98.8% BFE, 3.0 micron, activated-carbon pre-filter)

7. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted May 24, 2020 at 2:12 pm |

Gov’t experts aren’t experts can’t hit the floor with their hat.

FIFY.

8. TheBigHarry
    Posted May 24, 2020 at 7:01 pm |

^ Your assumption is correct, most masks are highly effective, some up to 99.6%. Even the less effective surgical masks stop somewhere around 65%. Given that, was my sparrow/hula hoop statement hyperbolic? Yes, most definitely.

Here’s the thing, who would fell good about a new roof that only let 0.4% of the rain in at best and 35% at worst? How about if a skylight (face shield) or windows (goggles) weren’t installed? Is removing, or touching a mask, and then touching eyes, or mouth, or nose the same as opening a window during a rain storm?

To truly answer that, in terms related to COVID, would involve instantaneous viral load / immune response calculations which are well beyond my ken. Likely easier to calculate dam load capacity and spillway capacity in determining the possibility of a dam failure due to a hundred year rain event.

Started off thinking there would be a fit, form and function humor punch line in here somewhere but I’m not seeing it.

9. Jess
    Posted May 25, 2020 at 3:20 pm |

It’s strange that incompetent politicians, their staff, and all the others wearing useless masks never get infected. In a perfect world, they’d be first to succumb, it would be revealed the pathogen only attacks tyrants, and there would be celebrations.