Dem reality is now what used to be cheap-shot satire

_____
Story (Lightfoot)

Posted July 14, 2020 at 9:39 pm |

I don’t understand why in her tiny devious mind the census is a challenge and needs help.
    Is it because she’s afraid the census workers will be shot and her core constituency will not get counted?
    Or is it that thanks to Chicago schools, most of her constituency is incapable of filling out a simple questionaire?
    I’ll take both for $400, Alex.

2. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted July 14, 2020 at 9:44 pm |

*blink*blinkblink*

3. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted July 14, 2020 at 9:49 pm |

oh… I see:

Militarized Cognitive Dissonance™
    Sh*t gittin’ un-real up in here…

4. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted July 14, 2020 at 11:02 pm |

Claire @2
    My first reaction exactly
    I waited a while to make sure it was a real story

5. Bobo the Hobo
    Posted July 15, 2020 at 3:28 am |

I thought you wuz joking. You absolutely cannot make this stuff up!

6. TheBigHarry
    Posted July 15, 2020 at 8:41 am |

Aiming for a 75% response rate in the city,… some Chicago communities, only 40% of residents have responded…

Wait, wait, wait !!

How do they know these percentages before the census is complete?

7. Claire: rebellious pink pig with car keys - and a *cause*
    Posted July 15, 2020 at 10:59 am |

Continuing on TheBigHarry@6: And if they already know, whyinhell do they keep bothering me with multiple cards and letters increasingly threatening to ‘send a live person’ to count me for me. I already done did it, like a sap.

8. neal
    Posted July 15, 2020 at 12:52 pm |

The prequel to Blazing Saddles, narrated by the Joker.

9. Thunderbottom
    Posted July 15, 2020 at 6:02 pm |

I filled out my census form on line in the comfort of my bedroom. I’m certain that the inner-city denizens of Chicago have “smart” phones – couldn’t they access the on-line census and fill answer the questions that way? The questions aren’t that hard (I think). I guess the Mayor wants the city populace to fill in their census forms before they get shot or they move away.

10. Veeshir
    Posted July 15, 2020 at 6:52 pm |

The thing that makes Census Cowboy horrible?

That “census cowboy” was riding around at the downtown riots May 30th screaming “f**k 12” at State and Wacker.
    The dreadhead cowboy a/k/a The Census Cowboy is by his own admission a convicted felon. Is that body [armor] he is wearing? I thought if you were convicted of a violent felony you are prohibited from owning and wearing body [armor].

WTF is up with the current Dem party?
    Just when you think they can’t be more despicable they go farther.

11. Lord of the Fleas
    Posted July 15, 2020 at 9:34 pm |

Wellp, if the Cowboy can’t get things done, he can always call on the Construction Worker, Cop, Sailor, Indian Chief, and Leather Boy to round out the crew…

12. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted July 15, 2020 at 10:27 pm |

LotF ^
    Dammit!!!!
    That would’a made a good cartoon theme

13. OldFert
    Posted July 16, 2020 at 4:47 pm |

I think it was Commissioner Gordon who sent out the Bat Signal, not the mayor.