awfercripesakes

One seldom encounters somebody so wrong

reversed-image video

This doofus is a leader of the “black militia” where a negligent discharge wounded three of their own last weekend.
I had assumed it was a buffoon who had no training, but now I think it was a militaman who was trained… by this buffoon

Aren’t you nit-picking, Doug?
• Not a bullpup
• “Bullpup” has nothing to do with recoil/kick, and kick will not knock you down, if you hold the rifle properly
• The only bullpup XR15 I know of is an Airsoft/gaming gun
His rifle looks like a regular AR-15 (can’t tell if the markings have been obliterated or perhaps masked for the vid)
• In a closed-bolt action, which an AR is, the bolt going forward does not fire a bulletround — it merely shoves a cartridge into the chamber.
If it did fire, that would make it a machine gun with no “off” switch.
If it did fire, something that blatantly unsafe would’a been outlawed decades ago.
• To fire, the trigger must be pulled back and held back (that’s why there’s the finger-off-the-trigger thing). There are internal “safety mechanisms” to prevent the firing pin from touching the primer if dropped, not just a “safety” which disables the trigger (unclear state, here)
• No, that’s not a common training accident
• Firearms do not “…go off by themselves all the time” (not even occasionally)

On the other hand, he did, indeed, “…demonstrate how stupid some people are.”
_____
Previously, on KisP

1. Posted July 30, 2020 at 3:54 pm |

Lord, I’m getting old.
    I haven’t been “F****** Aroind” for a long time.
    Oh well …

2. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted July 30, 2020 at 3:59 pm |

^ See? I ain’t the only typoist around

3. Thunderbottom
    Posted July 30, 2020 at 5:28 pm |

I saw a video that explained that the German MP-38 would discharge if dropped – fired from an open bolt. The Germans came up with the MP-40 that had that problem corrected.

4. Veeshir
    Posted July 30, 2020 at 6:18 pm |

Bushmasters are XM-15. I’m not sure if it’s a Bushy, but he probably got XM and AR confused.
    I’d say an AR will not knock you down even if you hold it improperly, unless you’re bracing it against your family jewels. Then all bets are off.

My Sig, after the slide locks and you replace the mag and hit it to make sure the mag is seated, will “lock and load.”
    I’ve had people get jealous of that, in 3-gun that’s a plus. It saves a couple seconds from seating the mag and having to hit the slide release.
    I guess it’s defective because it didn’t go off when that happened, and Sigs’ only safety is keeping the ole booger hook off the bang switch.

Posted July 30, 2020 at 7:01 pm |

Was that an outtake from Airplane?
    Actually, that was the BLM parallel to the Dems’ infamous

“Even though there is no evidence, the seriousness of the charge is what matters.”

“Even though there is no evidence I know anything about this rifle, the seriousness of my delivery is what matters.”

FWIW, neither I nor anyone I know who was in the armed services can recall any trainee in their cycle even having an ND, never mind shooting themselves or someone else. It probably happened, sometime, somewhere, but certainly not “every day” as Comrade Serious Expert claims.

6. Bill Chunko
    Posted July 30, 2020 at 7:27 pm |

A couple of things. First, as ignorant as he is, the chances are he will still be able to put rounds downrange. So, on some level he still has to be taken seriously and not discounted.

Second, for Dick not quite dead white guy. When I was in Army Basic Training we did have one guy manage to have an accidental discharge while sitting outside his tent cleaning his weapon when we were in the field. Fortunately it was a blank and no one was injured. But Boy did he catch hell! It certainly wasn’t an everyday occurrence.

7. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted July 30, 2020 at 8:02 pm |

Veeshir @4
    I don’t buy ‘confusion’.
    The XR15 toy is a bullpup, so I think that’s what he meant.
    Prob’ly a gamer

Yeah, on the mag-slam, bolt/slide forward thing.
    All my 1911s work that way, as do others if magazined stoutly enough.
    Closed-bolt operation requires that the hammer/firing-pin/striker be mechanically blocked until the trigger is pulled.

8. DougM ☞ crotchety and judgmental ☜
    Posted July 30, 2020 at 8:04 pm |

Bill @6
    Yeah, doesn’t take any skill to hit at 10′ (thug distance)

9. Posted July 31, 2020 at 7:46 am |

Thanks, but I just can’t handle that much stupid today.

Sheesh!

10. Steve
    Posted July 31, 2020 at 3:56 pm |

I have seen lots of “old dumb” in my 60-odd years.
    I am making a note on my calendar that I saw “new dumb” today.

It’s a big day (lights cigar, pours bourbon).

11. blake
    Posted August 1, 2020 at 11:38 am |

I look at this guy and think I should send him to a CMP match and watch him freak out when guys shoot a perfect score, at 600 yards, with iron sights.

I shoot a local CMP match with guys who easily keep all rounds in the black at 200 yards, using iron sights. And these guys are easily twice the age of the doofus in this video.

I might add, the distance the guy is shooting? I do better with my 1911 and I’m not nearly as proficient as a lot of people.